• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

I personally am not a glock hater but there is plenty not to love. For starters, if you actually use them as more than just range toys, they wear kind of rough ... the plastic will wear and look shiny/get slippery rather quickly, the tenifer finish will wear off and can easily end up with actual pitting in the slide metal ... after years of carrying/shooting my hk P2000 the finish in both the metal and plastic don't end up that way. The angle of the grip is wonky for some (not for me I quite like it) and then there is the fact that if you own one glock you've owned every glock and there is no realistic differentiation between any of them. Last is one thing that I think makes glocks cool because you can swap calibers but is also actually a safety issue for dummies .... you can insert a 9mm mag in a .40 glock and chamber and fire a round with no trouble (and I've seen people at the range do this) and they don't know the difference until it going ting ta ting ting rattling down the barrel and hits something in the neighboring lanes instead of theirs :D Then there is the real safety issue ...... the glock "safe action" trigger system is kind of a bad joke. I will not carry a glock with one in the chamber unless it's in a kydex or VERY stiff leather holster that completely encloses the trigger. The "safe action" really isn't safe at all and is nothing more than a medium pull single action only trigger with no safety and I blame it for 90% of the LEO "accidental discharges" that happen today. (and in training them I have seen ALOT of them) If you put a gun with a DAO or DA/SA in DA mode first shot that 12lb DA first round trigger pull is quite blatant and does NOT happen accidentally.

Yes, in all but the unusual circumstances, they go boom every time you pull the trigger and I own a bunch of them but I look at them as pretty much the bottom of the barrel
for guns that do ... and it has nothing to do with price ... it's about safety, how it wears, fit, finish and style.

I don't see the Glock trigger as an issue, I actually think that the trigger on a M&P is more likely to AD than a Glock.

What about a Kahr? They have a fairly light trigger pull and no external safety at all.

If you're careful with the gun like you're supposed to be, then you shouldn't ever have a AD. IMO guns with external manual thumb safeties can give you a false sense of security and some people may be a little more careless with such guns.

LEO's have accidents with them because many LEOs aren't gun enthusiasts like we are and they don't train with their sidearm enough. Not the guns fault.

You also mentioned the plastic getting smooth and shiny after a while and the tenifer wearing off... ALL GUNS will show wear if they're carried frequently. So you really haven't said anything about Glock that can't be said about other guns as well.

Last edited:
I don't see the Glock trigger as an issue, I actually think that the trigger on a M&P is more likely to AD than a Glock.

What about a Kahr? They have a fairly light trigger pull and no external safety at all.

If you're careful with the gun like you're supposed to be, then you shouldn't ever have a AD. IMO guns with external manual thumb safeties can give you a false sense of security and some people may be a little more careless with such guns.

LEO's have accidents with them because many LEOs aren't gun enthusiasts like we are and they don't train with their sidearm enough. Not the guns fault.

You also mentioned the plastic getting smooth and shiny after a while and the tenifer wearing off... ALL GUNS will show wear if they're carried frequently. So you really haven't said anything about Glock that can't be said about other guns as well.
:bump: what he said!

wait for it .... wait for it.... PERFECTION!

My first pistol was a S&W .40 loved it, and still do. Then I shot a Glock 22. My aim improved with the Glock, my groupings were alot tighter, and the Glock just felt more comfortable in my hands. The Glock 22 is now my EDC. Not taking anything away from S&W they make fine guns and I hope to soon put a S&W1911E in my collection.

My Glock 23 is tops. Always fires, has never jammed, I'm able to make good groups and it's easy to clean and maintain. Just what a good ole boy needs.

I'm not talking about you and me having an ad I'm talking about the thousands of LEO ad's that happen every day all over the country because they put a near single action trigger pull gun in the hands of babes in the woods that never touched a gun before the police academy. I've seen DOZENS of them live and in person. This gun in the hands of new cops is just stupid. They should be carrying a sig, hk or a beretta DA/SA gun .... something NOT striker fired or if it is that is DAO striker fired. I want to be clear I'm not talking about the cool sheriffs that we have here that grew up around guns I'm talking about all those chumps that are all around atlanta that grew up around the projects or suburban neighborhoods as a for instance.

As far as wearing off. I have an HK P2000SK that has been in and out of a tight fitting holster riding in my pants almost every single day in nevada and georgia heat with my sweaty butt for the last 3 years and have put thousands of rounds through it and the finish on the slide and whatever plastic they use still looks as good as when I took it out of the showcase. So you can't really say that it happens to all of them ;)

IMG_1768.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not talking about you and me having an ad I'm talking about the thousands of LEO ad's that happen every day all over the country because they put a near single action trigger pull gun in the hands of babes in the woods that never touched a gun before the police academy. I've seen DOZENS of them live and in person. This gun in the hands of new cops is just stupid. They should be carrying a sig, hk or a beretta DA/SA gun .... something NOT striker fired or if it is that is DAO striker fired. I want to be clear I'm not talking about the cool sheriffs that we have here that grew up around guns I'm talking about all those chumps that are all around atlanta that grew up around the projects or suburban neighborhoods as a for instance.

As far as wearing off. I have an HK P2000SK that has been in and out of a tight fitting holster riding in my pants almost every single day in nevada and georgia heat with my sweaty butt for the last 3 years and have put thousands of rounds through it and the finish on the slide and whatever plastic they use still looks as good as when I took it out of the showcase. So you can't really say that it happens to all of them ;)

View attachment 104074

That's all well and good sir, I'm glad that your gun is immortal :D

However, this thread is "Why people hate Glocks", I don't see how a HK that doesn't wear is any reason to HATE Glock.

You also likened a Glock in the hands of a rookie cop to a babe in the woods, I totally agree, but that is still NOT THE GUNS FAULT, it is the lack of training. If a cop can't safely handle a Glock, then IMO he can't handle any other gun safely either. Firearms safety is firearms safety, no matter what name is on the side of the gun.

I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy here, I will never say that everything else but Glock is junk, but I will also never say that Glock is junk. Just trying to keep things fair :)

Last edited:
Some people can find fault with anything....they are consistant pessimists. There are also some who can't stand to see a highly successful business. They are consistantly jealous.

Just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom