• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

CZ? As in Czheckoslovakia? Yeah..Ok. I know they are wonderful, beautiful and sooo top shelf.

You ca have them. If I want a Hi-Power I'll buy a real one. CZ is like Taurus in that all their big early sellers were just clones. Now they have different models but they are still made in the 3rd world. Besides, they ever prove themselves? Not like this:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

The bottom line is, buy what makes you happy. Personally, I think Glock is the best there is for function and reliability. And I've got REAL numbers to back that belief up. What have you got? A trend to buy guns made in places with questionable quality practices like Czheckoslovakia(or whatever the hell it's called now) and Croatia. Gotta love the Springfield USA's Crapatian made Glock wannabes. All I can tell ya is that if I WON a CZ in a raffle I'd sell it and buy a Glock. Sure as hell would sell a Glock to buy a CZ tho.

well, i didnt say glocks sucked, i was pulling a leg with the hi point posts (lol)

and i think my cz is top shelf, in fact your the first one who has ever had an issue with one i figure. i mean a cz75 is an "IMPROVED" hi power, and the cz has been copied more times than glock has (many, many times more, i think thats a testament)

but hey, buy what ya want, all i know is i dont like the way glocks shoot. plus they ugly :)

ohh and a cz is just as much czech as the glock is austrian

Is this the prerequisite weekly "Glock vs. <insert other pistol here>" debate?

If so then i guess it's good we are getting it out of the way early.

And CZs are excellent weapons. I have owned three and never had any problems whatsoever. I own a glock too. Also an excellent weapon. The transition from more traditional triggers and grip angles represented a learning curve for me that simply wasn't there when picking up a HK, Sig, CZ, etc. I think this may be the reason why some folks hate Glocks.

Is this the prerequisite weekly "Glock vs. <insert other pistol here>" debate?

If so then i guess it's good we are getting it out of the way early.

And CZs are excellent weapons. I have owned three and never had any problems whatsoever. I own a glock too. Also an excellent weapon. The transition from more traditional triggers and grip angles represented a learning curve for me that simply wasn't there when picking up a HK, Sig, CZ, etc. I think this may be the reason why some folks hate Glocks.

LOL! This particular incarnation of the Glock vs.... is over a month old. Like dandelions they just won't stay dead.

What you said about the grip angle and trigger is sooo accurate. It's one of the reasons that when I decided to go with Glock for primary I ended up switching FULLY to Glock( at least for now) to avoid the back and forth adjustments. My first auto was a Taurus PT99 made on the former Beretta assembly line in Brazil just after Taurus bought that plant out. Sweet shooter. I owned(and sold) 3 different Glocks before FINALLY getting stubborn and making the adjustment to the "safe action" trigger et al. I sometimes look at the way the grip fits my hand on my Glocks since I read so often how many people don't like it and I can see the point. I Do like it though as does my wife. I tried several other guns out for both of us and we both just feel comfortable with our Glock 27's. Even though many have smaller, apparently more ergonomic grips.

I had a XDm briefly but I've never owned a CZ even though they DO look great. The finish I've seen on them reminds me of Beretta's beautiful slick black finish. I've had an HK USP40 and several Tauruses(Tauri?). Presently I have a hankering for another 1911 but that will totally blow the Glock style motif I have going. I watched a movie with Tom Selleck and you know HE has never held anything but a 1911. He do make them look cool. Problem is, the single stack that weighs the same as the Glock, is at least as long, tall and wide. Aside from looking cool, where's the advantage? Glock and ANY metal frame gun is a comparison of apples and oranges.

They are amazing guns, accurate and very reliable, but I won't buy one any time soon. There are just too may other guns out there that fit me better. I've never been a fan of Glock's from a ergonomic standpoint.

Fanboys of anything are an epic P.I.T.A. You just have to realize that they're idiots and ignore.

Hi, my name is Quest50. I'm a recovering 1911 fanboy. My dislike of glocks stemmed from them being made out of tupperware and being ugly as sin. I traded in my 1911 for a G19 and have no regrets. The more i shoot it, the more I like it.

Hi, my name is Quest50. I'm a recovering 1911 fanboy. My dislike of glocks stemmed from them being made out of tupperware and being ugly as sin. I traded in my 1911 for a G19 and have no regrets. The more i shoot it, the more I like it.

Good Answer...

Back
Top Bottom