• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

i think people hate glocks for the same reason alot of folks hate the gators

their fan base (seriously, its a glock, we get it, now calm down. although the gators are just horrible)

personally i think they are boring and dont see why everyone is all about them, i mean they work and nothing wrong with them that i can see, but they arent the best thing since sliced bread

Last edited:
I did not like the generation 1 for appearance but the later models look better to me. I remember when they first came out it was said they didn't like them because they were plastic. When I carried a 4506 and had to unholster it, their attention it got. The glock not so much lol. But as far as reliability and weight and swapping mags from fullsize to the compact you can't beat it

But that's just my opinion

I'm not talking about you and me having an ad I'm talking about the thousands of LEO ad's that happen every day all over the country because they put a near single action trigger pull gun in the hands of babes in the woods that never touched a gun before the police academy. I've seen DOZENS of them live and in person. This gun in the hands of new cops is just stupid. They should be carrying a sig, hk or a beretta DA/SA gun .... something NOT striker fired or if it is that is DAO striker fired. I want to be clear I'm not talking about the cool sheriffs that we have here that grew up around guns I'm talking about all those chumps that are all around atlanta that grew up around the projects or suburban neighborhoods as a for instance.

As far as wearing off. I have an HK P2000SK that has been in and out of a tight fitting holster riding in my pants almost every single day in nevada and georgia heat with my sweaty butt for the last 3 years and have put thousands of rounds through it and the finish on the slide and whatever plastic they use still looks as good as when I took it out of the showcase. So you can't really say that it happens to all of them ;)

Tenifer is one of the most corrosion resistant finishes out there. So far it is pretty much better than anything any other manufacturer has brought to the table. There is no way you have been carrying that P2000 as long as some Glock's have been in service. Tenifer is not a coating it bonds into the metal. Pitting on the slide? If you are talking about a Gen 1 Glock I am sure 20-25 years of service you will end up with some pitting in the metal. Hell give me your P2000 and 20 years from now I will give it back to you with some war wounds. Scratches, pits, wearing on the edges happen. Your few of years carrying a P2000 is not a good base to judge other pistols by, for one three years is not really anything time wise and two you have in my mind at least proven yourself to often talk far over your own head in terms of your knowledge of firearms.

I have not seen the shiny plastic issue with my Gen 1 or Gen 2s. I am guessing you finger banged a few police trade ins at the local gun store. I noticed that a lot of them have worn finishes with pits and shiny plastic, similar to what you are going on about. The worn finishes and pits are from ridding in a holster and banging into things all day. The reason the plastic was shiny and "slippery" is because the shop hit the gun with a silicone wipe prior to putting it in the case. It gives it this shiny wet look versus the dull worn look of a tired work gun.

Finally as for your assertion that striker fired gun is dangerous. You have to be ****ting me. First you said the Glock was dangerous then when it was pointed out other guns have pretty much the same system, you went off the deep end that for the most part said a striker fired gun is close to a single action trigger pull. Have you ever shot a single action gun like a 1911 before? Jesus tap dancing Christ the Glock and the M&P are nothing like a single action. :wacko: I would like to see some hard statistics on these thousands of negligent discharges (because that is what they would be, not accidental discharges). It would seem to me that if there are thousands every day we have an epidemic on our hands. I don't think you will be able to get those stats though because like your comments in the Del-Ton thread it is just more of you rattling off nonsense.

Last edited:
personally i think they are boring and dont see why everyone is all about them, i mean they work and nothing wrong with them that i can see, but they arent the best thing since sliced bread

Boring? God YES! hat's because you put ammo in and they shoot. PERIOD! How boring is THAT? I gotta tell ya, the excitement of not knowing if my boomer is gonna go CLICK is a thrill I can live without.

I rekkin, when my life and the lives of my family are in the balance, I'll take my BORING ole Glock over the new fangled, sliced bread crunchnticker Jammamatic 2.0 with the imitation pearl grips and the faux titanium and gold finish thanks. Once the adrenaline rush fades I'll be happy stuffing that boring Glock back in the holster.

I find it funny (ironic maybe) that no matter what firearm people say is so much better or more exciting than a glock, they are in fact holding up their entry to a glock... Why is that? Hmmmm

Boring? God YES! hat's because you put ammo in and they shoot. PERIOD! How boring is THAT? I gotta tell ya, the excitement of not knowing if my boomer is gonna go CLICK is a thrill I can live without.

I rekkin, when my life and the lives of my family are in the balance, I'll take my BORING ole Glock over the new fangled, sliced bread crunchnticker Jammamatic 2.0 with the imitation pearl grips and the faux titanium and gold finish thanks. Once the adrenaline rush fades I'll be happy stuffing that boring Glock back in the holster.

so how are they really any different from any other gun? i mean you put bullets in them, they fire

HEY HI POINTS ARE **** UGLY AND SHOOT TO, THEY MUST BE GLOCKS :)

my cz75 isnt boring, and it shoots excellent, no hang ups or failures what so ever (i figure i got over a thousand or two rounds through it by now)

thetruthaboutguns.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_05_Pic_2_1024x768.jpg
=

images2.fanpop.com_image_photos_14500000_glock_17_guns_14515216_2560_1702.jpg

Last edited:
CZ? As in Czheckoslovakia? Yeah..Ok. I know they are wonderful, beautiful and sooo top shelf.

You ca have them. If I want a Hi-Power I'll buy a real one. CZ is like Taurus in that all their big early sellers were just clones. Now they have different models but they are still made in the 3rd world. Besides, they ever prove themselves? Not like this:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

The bottom line is, buy what makes you happy. Personally, I think Glock is the best there is for function and reliability. And I've got REAL numbers to back that belief up. What have you got? A trend to buy guns made in places with questionable quality practices like Czheckoslovakia(or whatever the hell it's called now) and Croatia. Gotta love the Springfield USA's Crapatian made Glock wannabes. All I can tell ya is that if I WON a CZ in a raffle I'd sell it and buy a Glock. Sure as hell would sell a Glock to buy a CZ tho.

Back
Top Bottom