• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why the steep price on the ODT

What doesn't help is people posting "Great Price" on stuff that is reasonably priced. $10 less than new for a used gun is not a great price. New Gunbroker price does not equal a great price on ODT. Stop enabling!!! :hand:

What doesn't help is people posting "Great Price" on stuff that is reasonably priced. $10 less than new for a used gun is not a great price. New Gunbroker price does not equal a great price on ODT. Stop enabling!!! :hand:
It is if I don't have to pay a tax for buying it and stand and wait for the pointless background check.

I think it is shameful the way some members raise the price on a firearm, especially when it has been drug through a ditch, 2000 rounds shot through it, it has had 15 owners, no box, no shame.

It is another thing however to unfairly judge a member's firearm that was purchased new, never fired except for factory test, priced reasonably close to the purchase price, and compare it to a police trade-in, or Bud's low online price.

I think it is shameful the way some members raise the price on a firearm, especially when it has been drug through a ditch, 2000 rounds shot through it, it has had 15 owners, no box, no shame.

It is another thing however to unfairly judge a member's firearm that was purchased new, never fired except for factory test, priced reasonably close to the purchase price, and compare it to a police trade-in, or Bud's low online price.
Why? :confused: The first thing I do if there's a gun that peaks my interest and is one I'm not real familiar with current prices, and is reportedly NIB (or LNIB), is go to Grabagun or Bud's or wherever else I can find it online to sanity check it.
As nice as I'm sure everyone is here, I'm not inclined to pay more for the privilege of meeting them.

Why? :confused: The first thing I do if there's a gun that peaks my interest and is one I'm not real familiar with current prices, and is reportedly NIB (or LNIB), is go to Grabagun or Bud's or wherever else I can find it online to sanity check it.
As nice as I'm sure everyone is here, I'm not inclined to pay more for the privilege of meeting them.

What!? I charge at least $25 for the privilege of meeting me. :lol:

Get a WCL and you won't have to wait. I'd rather pay an extra $35 in tax on a $500 gun I know is legitimately "NIB" assuming ODT and LGS/online prices are equal.

I have a GWL and I still have to fill out the stupid freaking form.:mad: Besides I have met some great people in deals here on the ODT and it was tax free.

Back
Top Bottom