• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why the steep price on the ODT

Why? :confused: The first thing I do if there's a gun that peaks my interest and is one I'm not real familiar with current prices, and is reportedly NIB (or LNIB), is go to Grabagun or Bud's or wherever else I can find it online to sanity check it.
As nice as I'm sure everyone is here, I'm not inclined to pay more for the privilege of meeting them.

I agree with this. I love meeting new people and getting to know other ODT members. However it's hard to pay more when I can buy it online for $200 less and get free shipping, on top of that FFL transfer fee for $10. There have been a lot of firearms I really want but none that I can not wait a couple of days or weeks for it to ship. I always use Buds as a starting point for negotiations.

Here's the difference.

Buds is selling for a price based on accepted margin, and to be competitive with competition.

Private sellers are selling for what they hope they can get. A best case scenario based on the fact that them owning the gun has probably increased the guns value.

That's really it.

LOL!!! Yeah.... this ^^

Why? :confused: The first thing I do if there's a gun that peaks my interest and is one I'm not real familiar with current prices, and is reportedly NIB (or LNIB), is go to Grabagun or Bud's or wherever else I can find it online to sanity check it.
As nice as I'm sure everyone is here, I'm not inclined to pay more for the privilege of meeting them.

I love that last part

I have a GWL and I still have to fill out the stupid freaking form.:mad: Besides I have met some great people in deals here on the ODT and it was tax free.

I hear you. However, if you want to truly compare cost, you also have to factor in the inconvenience of meeting someone at a specified time and possibly traveling a distance to make a deal. Spending an hour of your day and gas to save $50 isn't really a great "deal". Granted, being that this is a hobby for most (including myself), price is not the end-all-be-all.

Back
Top Bottom