• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why the steep price on the ODT

I wouldn't go off of the Blue Book or a gun traders guide when pricing a lightning...no flipping way. Take a look at what they have a 6" blued python listed at and tell me you'd sell yours for that price. Those guides are great for teaching about how to evaluate a gun, properly describe it's condition, and fill you in on unique and short run variants, but up to date pricing isn't a forte'. Not by a long shot.

Agreed, Used as a guide only. Should and always do take into account, historical value, conditioning, and other many aspects. Traders Guide is exactly what it says, Key Word "Guide"...

Look in the gun traders guide and price a 1903-04 colt lightning .22 90% condition please.

Hoping to not infringe on a possible trade or purchase. Keep in mind that it is just a guide and not a bible. I don't see a .22 caliber listed in my book right now and my be overlooking it. but, the Colt model 1877 Lightning made from 1877 to 1909, I see are in .38, and .41 calibers sell for a few thousand. Of course I could be wrong and probably way off given my luck. I am in no way as knowledgeable as some on this site and especially this thread.

No sale going on. I've never looked in any type of book for values on firearms and i was wondering what it would be. Thanks for all the input.

No sale going on. I've never looked in any type of book for values on firearms and i was wondering what it would be. Thanks for all the input.

Were you talking about the Rifle? they produced a little more than 89,000 of the Magazine Fed Lightning small frame .22 rifles and also are valued in the few thousands, conditioning considered what you stated. I am trying to be vague here so I don't get blasted for giving wrong information, LOL Problem is the years they were made were only 1884 to 1902, there was no 1903 model of this particular rifle. Of course books are known to be wrong and so am I.

Hoping to not infringe on a possible trade or purchase. Keep in mind that it is just a guide and not a bible. I don't see a .22 caliber listed in my book right now and my be overlooking it. but, the Colt model 1877 Lightning made from 1877 to 1909, I see are in .38, and .41 calibers sell for a few thousand. Of course I could be wrong and probably way off given my luck. I am in no way as knowledgeable as some on this site and especially this thread.
What guide do you use?

I have looked a lot of stuff I thought myself was way over priced. I thought it was just me and have not made an offer. I didn't want to insult someone with an offer and get slammed as a low baller. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Personally I've found some pretty good deals on the ODT, especially of late. It's a simple process if you don't like the price don't buy it. I picked up a couple of guns from Gun Broker because I got them at a better price.

Back
Top Bottom