• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why the steep price on the ODT

Maybe there needs to be an ODT committee to " dictate" what people can ask for their stuff ? Everyone's prices are too high unless they are the ones listing them, it seems. Lol

I don't have a Trader's Guide. It's probably a good thing. I'd never get a deal done on here!

Yeah, it tends to hinder me a lot as well but, that's OK too. I would rather buy new at a decent price "On Sale" than overpay for something used. most people have a hard time telling the truth about the round count anyway. I mean seriously, I have no idea of how many rounds I have put through my Rifles, Handguns, or shotguns but, I still shoot them all.

So, to put my statement into perspective, I recently purchased "New" a Ruger SR1911 for $577.00 OTD, when some people wanted more than $700.00 for a used one on ODT. sometimes new is the better deal, I don't care what pack of lies I have been told about "It's Already Broke In".

i.imgur.com_FxQIi.png

i find it's because folks have items they want ot buy with the money made off the sale of the item they are selling so it is marked up often

Look in the gun traders guide and price a 1903-04 colt lightning .22 90% condition please.

I wouldn't go off of the Blue Book or a gun traders guide when pricing a lightning...no flipping way. Take a look at what they have a 6" blued python listed at and tell me you'd sell yours for that price. Those guides are great for teaching about how to evaluate a gun, properly describe it's condition, and fill you in on unique and short run variants, but up to date pricing isn't a forte'. Not by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom