• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

With the lack of ammo this lost art could be useful. Cut Shells

I'm not sure about cutting shells right now but I know people that do the candle wax mix. I have not tried it yet but I think I might.

Anyone else?

I'm not sure about cutting shells right now but I know people that do the candle wax mix. I have not tried it yet but I think I might.

Anyone else?

I think you're referring to mixing wax with lead shot?
This dude is kind of an amateur....he was shooting a video and caught a hot round from a ricochet.

Anyways, here's a recent video he talks about wax shot.

I think you're referring to mixing wax with lead shot?
This dude is kind of an amateur....he was shooting a video and caught a hot round from a ricochet.

Anyways, here's a recent video he talks about wax shot.

Yes that's what I was talking about. The only difference is they underfill the shell just a little and use extra wax at the top this ensures that the shell cycles correctly.

How about this one for everybody looking for primers:
Seems like a third world solution. This dude made a wood gun and sets off his projectiles with the matchstick stuff.

Pretty interesting stuff. TKOR has good videos for sure. Didn't ever think to reload a primer with the match stick/striker box combo. Would still have to find a projectile to fire and gun powder but I guess in a real emergency you could fire a wax mold and make your own gun powder or just fill the casing with the match mix.

Back
Top Bottom