• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women cleared for combat

Sadly, this will not go well. While the combat arms unit commanders will try to make sure dual standards are not implemented - the 4 star politicians will make sure they are. I don't think the country is ready to see a female soldier mutilated and dragged through the streets. Morale in combat arms units will suffer and folks will die as a result...

Sadly, this will not go well. While the combat arms unit commanders will try to make sure dual standards are not implemented - the 4 star politicians will make sure they are. I don't think the country is ready to see a female soldier mutilated and dragged through the streets. Morale in combat arms units will suffer and folks will die as a result...

Im with you on this.
I think it will compromise the guys by making some endanger others in order to protect a female.

My daughter served with the 10th Mountain in Afghanistan; however, she was not in a front line combat unit. This is the difference as now women will be "shooters"...

My daughter served with the 10th Mountain in Afghanistan; however, she was not in a front line combat unit. This is the difference as now women will be "shooters"...

Well I agree with you on that point......but as a Combat Medic, which is what she is, when she is being fired on, shot at, etc. etc. etc.....and she has to perform her job under fire.....with she herself being in a situation no different than anyone else in her unit of being shot, fragged or killed........that is Combat.....no matter which way you want to cut the semantics. Your daughter was probably in a similar situation. Again, it was just accepted and not talked about. My daughter ran so many missions she lost count. With her unit, with the 75th MP's and with Special Forces......and yes she did several missions with SF dressed in non military dress into villages trying to obtain information.

Back
Top Bottom