• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Women cleared for combat

So-can the women carry 80-120 lbs of gear over difficult terrain? So how far can the female Combat medic carry a 200 lbs guy? Ever watch what happens when an Army medivac flight lands and the female flight medic jumps out to do her thing and it is determined to carry the patient back to the chopper by litter? Guess who grabs a corner of the stretcher-it ain't her-it's the male crew chief who is supposed to be standing perimeter guard. Ever watch a TAC or TOC being set up in the field? Guess who is doing the heavy liftng? Ever watch an engine change in field on a helicopter or a track change on heavy vehicle? Guess who's doing it? It ain't the female. How about fire fighting drills on board the ships? See many females lugging the hoses? Just because females are filling the positon doesn't mean they are doing the job. No commander who wants to get promoted is going to tell you the truth. No non-com tells his "superior" officer the truth because he will be told to "just handle it". One report got out by a very disgruntled CPO about what happened when the USS Cole was bombed. Essentially the women sat and cried and the men left their stations because they were worried about their girlfriends. Maybe in the next war we will have "First Place Men" and "First Place Women" and will all go home happy that it worked out 'equitably". I can send over my 13-year old daughter to show you how to field strip a 1911, but it doesn't mean she could do what the Rangers do day in and day out not just in war but in daily training as well. Well i take that back-lower the standards and she will just like the military will like they did Jump School, the original Air Assault school, Pathfinder school, Army Flight school and others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom