• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Woods carry

Lanesdad23

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
48   0
Reaction score
I know this isn't the knife thread its a hunting thread.
But as I sit out in the woods I wondered what all the other hunters here on odt carry while on their adventures.. let's see em.

My Dad gave me a handmade Marvin Poole knife when I was a teenager, and I've been using it ever since as my trusty hunting sidekick. I have owned a lot of knives over the years, but none better than my Marvin Poole.

RIP Mr Poole.

20201114_125434.jpg

20201114_125408.jpg

My Dad gave me a handmade Marvin Poole knife when I was a teenager, and I've been using it ever since as my trusty hunting sidekick. I have owned a lot of knives over the years, but none better than my Marvin Poole.

RIP Mr Poole.

View attachment 2917932

View attachment 2917937
Man, that thing is beautiful! I love a good looking drop point with clean lines.

Man, that thing is beautiful! I love a good looking drop point with clean lines.

Thanks! It really is the perfect fixed blade knife for me. I love the size, the look, the feel...I've never sharpened it, after countless deer dressed and skinned. It is a razor. Marvin was a master knife maker. I have a few more of his knives, some more expensive, but none compare to this one.

When my Dad gave me this knife I told him he could have laid out 100 knives in front of me and this would be the one I picked. He knew.

Thanks! It really is the perfect fixed blade knife for me. I love the size, the look, the feel...I've never sharpened it, after countless deer dressed and skinned. It is a razor. Marvin was a master knife maker. I have a few more of his knives, some more expensive, but none compare to this one.

When my Dad gave me this knife I told him he could have laid out 100 knives in front of me and this would be the one I picked. He knew.
I don't blame you. I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

Reactions: MRH

RIP Mr Poole.

View attachment 2917932

View attachment 2917937

That is truly a nice blade. Love a good back story on a knife.

RIP Mr Poole.

View attachment 2917932

View attachment 2917937
Marvin well made well designed knifes. Collector items. But very difficult to not use.

Back
Top Bottom