• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Working too much to feel like hunting.....

I just can't do that to my people. I've got only 1 full time guy and a part timer right now and the full time but is on light duty due to a broke rib. I'm short 3 full time guys as my position hasn't been full since my promotion, one retired the first of this month, and I have another that will be medical retired on Dec 1. I'll have atleast 2 of those positions filled by Dec but it will take me atleast 4 months to have them fire ready. My light duty man will be back on normal operations the third week of next month. It's just things have compounded over the past 3 months and that's why I'm in this situation. I'm just burned out some, got to find some Nick time dang soon.

Nick T

Hunting is a lot more important than some things.You don't get time later.

I agree. Work must come first but I always find some time to get in the woods. I need it. It is my time of year to do my thing for me and me alone. Every man needs that. I work hard and put others before me all year, but November is mine. It isn't asking too much. And it isn't like I'm gone the entire month either. But I will find some time to go. If my job was so demanding that I never had any time to enjoy my life, I would find another job. Money isn't everything and I can live with less if I must. There are some things money can't buy...Like a cold, frosty November morning overlooking a hardwood bottom at sunrise. Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom