• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would it be legal to shoot this guy in this situation?

way too many people in there to start flinging hollow points.

But reading that article someone posted I saw this
The shooting of a fleeing felon, while it may be justified by certain rare and extraordinary circumstances, is generally forbidden. The primary holding of the law is that once the criminal breaks off the attack, he is no longer placing anyone in immediate danger and therefore can no longer legally be shot in self defense. The law permits killing force to protect in the here and now, not to avenge in the aftermath.

Does this mean if someone snuck up behind you, sank a knife in your side and grabbed your wallet, then started running away that you would be UNjustified in shooting him? Not saying I would shoot, I was just trying to understand the rules on the situation. I know I would already be on alert if someone were even close to me in a bad area, but just posing a hypothetical.

thats why i want a taser along with a ccw. tase everyone of them just so they would shut up so i could enjoy my meal.
Good thing it wasn't a waffle house and kid rock was there, the guy would've went out the window! :plane:

In that bad of a position without a way to defend myself (and apparently my significant other holding me back from being able to fight back) I would've had to grab a fork or something... My firearm would've stayed holstered, however. Guess this could be added to the "Reasons to OC" lol - But sure enough, I would've had to defend myself somehow...then if he was the person asking for syrup, I'd have given him some syrup, to add insult to injury lol

way too many people in there to start flinging hollow points.

But reading that article someone posted I saw this

Does this mean if someone snuck up behind you, sank a knife in your side and grabbed your wallet, then started running away that you would be UNjustified in shooting him? Not saying I would shoot, I was just trying to understand the rules on the situation. I know I would already be on alert if someone were even close to me in a bad area, but just posing a hypothetical.

That's exactly what it means. And, to take it a step further, if he left the knife in your side, he is now unarmed. So, if you shoot him, you will have just shot an unarmed man while he ran away from you. I'm not saying this is just, but it's the law. It really is a very specific set of circumstances for legal use of deadly force. You could barely survive the knife wound just to discover that you have been charged with manslaughter and will probably be convicted.

That's exactly what it means. And, to take it a step further, if he left the knife in your side, he is now unarmed. So, if you shoot him, you will have just shot an unarmed man while he ran away from you. I'm not saying this is just, but it's the law. It really is a very specific set of circumstances for legal use of deadly force. You could barely survive the knife wound just to discover that you have been charged with manslaughter and will probably be convicted.

This country....

SOOO, if I had only one bullet and I left it lodged in his chest, would that make me and the fellar that left the knife umm even!!lol

bad thing is, i'm crippled and in a wheelchair, and i swear i could have fought more than that guy. terrible. had a big fella like that get me in a headlock once. he jumped about 10 ft and screamed like a girl when i damn near bit his titty off. lol

Back
Top Bottom