• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Y U no ask fair price

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrigCel

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
105   0
Reaction score
So I got an infraction for telling someone they are asking an unfair price for an item. My whole point was that anyone with enough wit is going to do the research before making any kind of big purchase like a handgun and find out what one of them goes for new or used. These people are mainly preying on an uneducated person that may be trying to get into the sport or buying a present for a loved one and will get ripped off because of their lack of knowledge. For example, someone (won't list name) was asking 1150 for a sig that was used when you can buy this pistol for about 900 of you look hard enough. It is not 4 months ago people, there are plenty of guns out there so do your homework before someone takes advantage of you!!

So I got an infraction for telling someone they are asking an unfair price for an item. My whole point was that anyone with enough wit is going to do the research before making any kind of big purchase like a handgun and find out what one of them goes for new or used. These people are mainly preying on an uneducated person that may be trying to get into the sport or buying a present for a loved one and will get ripped off because of their lack of knowledge. For example, someone (won't list name) was asking 1150 for a sig that was used when you can buy this pistol for about 900 of you look hard enough. It is not 4 months ago people, there are plenty of guns out there so do your homework before someone takes advantage of you!!

Because its against site rules. Everyone has there right to ask what they want for their item. GLWS

There always have been and always will be people selling coal for diamond prices. And fools and their money are soon parted. Caveat emptor. And some other pithy saying.

The rule is there to keep people from trying to chill the sale of an item or just inserting their two cents where it does not belong. The side effect of that is that sometimes people will be listing items for ridiculous prices and some fool will pay it.

I've received infractions for the same thing but not the same reason. If an idiot overpays so what. I do it out of shock. Like a big wtf!!

There are rules in place, and you have broken one of them. Suck it up and move on, plenty of price rant threads you can chime in on if you need to vent, just keep it out of the classifieds. Have a good evening.

It can be quite humorous at times. Like the $2000 "customized" $500 gun - which means somebody took a heat gun to it and then sprayed it with Ceracoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom