• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yet another reason why everyone should own a firearm! (Too close)

Rommel

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Got a phone call at work from my wife saying a cop car was slowly driving down the street with spotlight on. Then later a news van had drove by. Then on the way home I see where a perimeter was being established across a 1-2 mile radius from the site where the incident took place: which is say 1/2 mile away from my residence. This just reiterates the fact that crime can happen any time, any where. I live in a nice area. Good schools, nice environment. I will admit though a few miles down it is starting to become well, more urban. It's amazing that as time goes by the amount of social change that can take place. I can remember when I went to high school nearby that the news crews wouldn't come to our school for surveys/stories because our demographic was so lop-sided (85/15). Anyway this is one example of when a juvenile is educated properly on firearms and uses one at an appropriate time. LE are still trying to find the other guy.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/...er_on_the_loose_in_Columbia_Co_140973173.html

I'll be sure and update the post/link as the story continues.

Last edited:
wow. hits close to home like that makes you realize crime is everywhere. glad your family was not involved, and props to the young one for the self defense with the weapon. bet that other thief is counting his lucky stars that he aint dead

wow. hits close to home like that makes you realize crime is everywhere. glad your family was not involved, and props to the young one for the self defense with the weapon. bet that other thief is counting his lucky stars that he aint dead

Dead yet. Hopefully he will not brake into anyone else's house around here and just hunker down until LEO's find him.

But ARCman you are right! This is a perfect example of when a firearm saves an innocent person and some how I know this will still fall on deaf ears.

This is also why I bought a handgun for my house. My wife is sometimes home alone and yes the 85 pound boxer is a deterrant but I just feel safer knowing she has access to my gun if needed. I will say this, for someone who didn't grow up around guns of any sort her knowledge and aptitude sure surprised the hell outta me. She loaded and chambered my 40 and my AR without any direction from me. Girls been watchin waaaay too many action flicks.

GA5700,

This makes me sad... One goblin down but one remains. My 10 year old daughter knows where most of the loaded gun(s) are and how to effectively employ them if forced to. Our dog is but a secondary alarm system.

Back
Top Bottom