YHM Mite .22 Suppressor

I plan on ordering the mystic (750) with a booster threaded 1/2x28 (100) for when its on a pistol and a fixed barrel mount threaded 1/2x28 (87.50) for shooting it on 22 rifles and whatever other rifles i can make work with it. So thats 2 mounts that cover pretty much anything, assuming everything you want to put it on in each configuration is threaded the same. Say you wanted to put it on a glock 17 that was threaded metric, and a M&P 9mm threaded 1/2x28, then you'd need the one booster, but a piston for each thread. Kinda confusing, but pretty much you need a mount for each different thread you plan on using.

I plan on ordering the mystic (750) with a booster threaded 1/2x28 (100) for when its on a pistol and a fixed barrel mount threaded 1/2x28 (87.50) for shooting it on 22 rifles and whatever other rifles i can make work with it. So thats 2 mounts that cover pretty much anything, assuming everything you want to put it on in each configuration is threaded the same. Say you wanted to put it on a glock 17 that was threaded metric, and a M&P 9mm threaded 1/2x28, then you'd need the one booster, but a piston for each thread. Kinda confusing, but pretty much you need a mount for each different thread you plan on using.

This is exactly the set-up I have. I can mount my Mystic on my Beretta 92, Uzi Carbine, Ruger 10/22, GSG-5/PK, Ruger MkIII and M&P 15-22 using the recoil booster mount for the Beretta and the fixed barrel adapter for everything else. I've mounted it on my AR too, but I haven't fired it with the suppressor on it yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The mites are great little cans. Scored very high on silencer research. I shot with a fella who had one. I was shocked how quiet it was for its size.

Scored very high? Not sure where you got that info from. The YHM Mite in fact scored near the bottom. Apparently you have not been around very many .22 silencers to compare the Mite to. There are FAR better options for the money. The Mite is one of if not the most difficult take apart .22 can to.........take apart. .22 leads up a silencer VERY quickly, this lead build up basically seizes up the threads. This is why you see most .22 cans come with a pusher tool to help take it apart.

Liberty Kodiak comes with pusher tool
SWR Spectre comes with pusher tool
AAC Element does not come with but needs pusher tool

SilencerCo revolutionized the .22 take apart can market with the Sparrow. A .22 can that can have thousands of rounds shot through it and needs no tools to take it apart. They recently redesigned it so the core and half shells are made of stainless steel, which can be cleaned easier than aluminum.

You'd be a fool to waste money on a Mite with so many more (and far better) options on the market.

Last edited:
To hijack:
I have a kodiak TL from Liberty and I love the can. Very quiet, well made, and easily serviced. David gives you all the tools and will show you how to service it. It is LIGHT and I experienced virtually NO POI shift with can on vs off. The new Essence is even lighter. I had 3 different finish options and David helped me set up my trust. There are cheaper cans for sure but I am a loyal Liberty Cans customer not just bc of the quality of the product, proximity, and ease of use/service, but bc of the quality of people I encountered during the process.

If you want to demo the can I may be going to Camp Shooters on Sunday afternoon if you would like to be my guest.

Let me know what you go with CCW, I have been thinking of the same can for my GSG 1911 22lr. Summit Gun Broker has them for what I think is a pretty good price..have you found cheaper?

Link here: http://www.summitgunbroker.com/YHM_Mite.html

$270 for aluminium or $299 for stainless, plus you have to factor in a Form 3 transfer to your local Class III dealer which will cost you another $50-$100. Why spend $370 or $400 on a silencer that is outclassed by every other silencer on the market that would cost the same from a local dealer?

Scored very high? Not sure where you got that info from. The YHM Mite in fact scored near the bottom. Apparently you have not been around very many .22 silencers to compare the Mite to. There are FAR better options for the money. The Mite is one of if not the most difficult take apart .22 can to.........take apart. .22 leads up a silencer VERY quickly, this lead build up basically seizes up the threads. This is why you see most .22 cans come with a pusher tool to help take it apart.

Liberty Kodiak comes with pusher tool
SWR Spectre comes with pusher tool
AAC Element does not come with but needs pusher tool

SilencerCo revolutionized the .22 take apart can market with the Sparrow. A .22 can that can have thousands of rounds shot through it and needs no tools to take it apart. They recently redesigned it so the core and half shells are made of stainless steel, which can be cleaned easier than aluminum.

You'd be a fool to waste money on a Mite with so many more (and far better) options on the market.

It scored high when it comes to db level. Take my advice or don't. It's not the best can out there but it's not the worst either. Of course it's not going to he as good as a 600 dollar one but for 259 you will get your monies worth....

After all he did ask for OUR opinions not just yours. Im wondering have you even used a mite?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom