• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

YHM Mite .22 Suppressor

It scored high when it comes to db level. Take my advice or don't. It's not the best can out there but it's not the worst either. Of course it's not going to he as good as a 600 dollar one but for 259 you will get your monies worth....

After all he did ask for OUR opinions not just yours. Im wondering have you even used a mite?

Scored high? You must mean have one of the highest dB ratings of .22 cans on the market (this is not a good thing). None of the better performing cans cost $600. Data comes from Silencer Tests and SilencerCo's internal testing, all test adhere to military standards.

Watch the YouTube Video and you'll notice that the Mite is not tested. Why? Because there really is no comparison.

Walther P22 as host weapon

YHM mite 128.52dB
SilencerCo Original Sparrow 120.16dB
SWR Spector 117.36dB
AAC Prodigy 116.60dB
AAC Element 115.06dB
Gemtech Outback II 123.42dB
SilencerCo Stainless Sparrow 117.84dB

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/Silencerco#p/u/22/R_AXHihPvBc[/video]

Last edited:
None of the better performing cans cost $600. Data comes from Silencer Tests and SilencerCo's internal testing, all test adhere to military standards.

Watch the YouTube Video and you'll notice that the Mite is not tested. Why? Because there really is no comparison.

Walther P22 as host weapon

YHM mite 128.52dB
SilencerCo Original Sparrow 120.16dB
SWR Spector 117.36dB
AAC Prodigy 116.60dB
AAC Element 115.06dB
Gemtech Outback II 123.42dB
SilencerCo Stainless Sparrow 117.84dB

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/Silencerco#p/u/22/R_AXHihPvBc[/video]

I saw another video that it did better than the others they tested. Ill look for it. For the money its still not a bad can.

I saw another video that it did better than the others they tested. Ill look for it. For the money its still not a bad can.

Actually it is.

NFA stuff is not like a gun that if you don't like it you can sell it and recoop most of your money. NFA items are with you until you die. You can buy a SilencerCo Stainless Sparrow, AAC Element, AAC Prodigy, or SWR Spector for roughly $400. That's only a $120 difference. Put it in this perspective $120 is 500 rounds of 9mm ammo that you'll shoot through in a matter of days, weeks or months. $120 more to get MUCH better silencer that will last a lifetime, sounds like a no brainer to me. I'm not sure if you know much about silencers and dB ratings but the difference 128.52db and 117dB is exponential. Not to mention the issues the Mite has with it basically welding itself together or to the host. Again much much better options out there for slightly less money.

Last edited:
OK a noob question... why do you "need" a can? I'm serious what would be the purpose of owning one?

Because I saw it on Call of Duty and it looked cool
I can tell my friends I own a "silencer"
I heard it will add 2 inches to my d@*%
2 words--range envy

Seriously though, I just think its a combination of a cool and wow factor. Of course the lack of hearing protection is also kind of neat.

OK a noob question... why do you "need" a can? I'm serious what would be the purpose of owning one?

Well in my personal situation, it opens up more times i can shoot. I shoot on private land mainly, and have made an agreement with our closest neighbors that I won't shoot on sunday evenings when they have family dinners. Now I can because they won't be able to tell the difference. Also, being young and stupid, my ears are already pretty damaged from years of shooting without ear protection. Now when I forget my ear plugs, it's not a big deal. And finally, a 22 suppressor with subsonic ammunition just makes you smile. On my m&p15-22 the loudest thing you hear is the bullet hitting dirt or steel.

Back
Top Bottom