• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

YHM Mite .22 Suppressor

Well in my personal situation, it opens up more times i can shoot. I shoot on private land mainly, and have made an agreement with our closest neighbors that I won't shoot on sunday evenings when they have family dinners. Now I can because they won't be able to tell the difference. Also, being young and stupid, my ears are already pretty damaged from years of shooting without ear protection. Now when I forget my ear plugs, it's not a big deal. And finally, a 22 suppressor with subsonic ammunition just makes you smile. On my m&p15-22 the loudest thing you hear is the bullet hitting dirt or steel.

Bolt action rifles suppressed are even quieter. This is my Izmash Biathlon rifle, the first noise you hear is the action/bolt closing, which is louder than the actual firing of the round.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I saw it on Call of Duty and it looked cool
I can tell my friends I own a "silencer"
I heard it will add 2 inches to my d@*%
2 words--range envy

Seriously though, I just think its a combination of a cool and wow factor. Of course the lack of hearing protection is also kind of neat.

Now I get it.. Penis envy...
I'll stick to ear protection... easier on my wallet...

Ha! ...that ole Freud.

The tax stamp is $200 and you have to pay someone to take your fingerprints and take a passport photo. Then you have to wait...
Even among quality suppressors there is a wide range of prices depending on what you want...pistol, rifle or rimfire calibers...aluminum, titanium, stainless steel...take apart or not..."dipable" or not...etc...

$485 for a Liberty Kodiak .22 suppressor, $750 for a Mystic 9mm multi-purpose (works with .22 and other calibers as well), $1,195 for a Victory 7.62 NATO can.

You should check out all the different models at Liberty Suppressors website.
http://www.libertycans.net/

Back
Top Bottom