• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You gotta call the ATF if I do what???

Yeah most pawn shops do have higher prices but they usually negotiate down to what the price of the firearm really is. Best thing about pawn shops is the extras. They usually throw in holsters or extra mags or speed loaders or cases as an appreciation. That sometimes is invaluable in itself.

So the 2 handgun thing only happens when you "buy" them at that store, or when you get the FFL to check it here? I got 2 the other day that were sent to my LGS, and they probably did the form after I left as it only took me 10 minutes in and out.

So the 2 handgun thing only happens when you "buy" them at that store, or when you get the FFL to check it here? I got 2 the other day that were sent to my LGS, and they probably did the form after I left as it only took me 10 minutes in and out.

As I understand it, if you fill out a 4473(whether on one form or more) for more than one handgun in one week, at one location, the multiple handgun purchase must be reported to the ATF. It is administrative and required of the FFL. You have no need to be involved or informed of it's completion.

As I understand it, if you fill out a 4473(whether on one form or more) for more than one handgun in one week, at one location, the multiple handgun purchase must be reported to the ATF. It is administrative and required of the FFL. You have no need to be involved or informed of it's completion.

That is what I was told as well. The FFL said he has to also notify the local sheriff.

I find it odd that with so many gun folks here no one is a shop owner who can confirm how all this works. It's like everyone takes a secret oath not to tell the common folks how it works.

:tinfoil

Back
Top Bottom