• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

You have $1200 to spend....

If I had an extra $1200, Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 Rifle scope, MagPul PRS Stock and some ammo. But for an AR, I have two built on DPMS lowers that I really like. PSA has a great one for a good price as well.

Thanks guys. I am afraid I will want a higher end one later on no matter what I buy!!!!

Any thoughts on the Ruger 5.56 that is out? $1500, but man I liked it.

I have talked to lots of knowledgeable folks who say that the piston AR is not a necessity and more of a marketing scheme and there are better out there for the money. You could pick up a nice Daniel Defense or Colt a good bit cheaper.

The best AR you can get in that price range is the Daniel Defense M4v4 or M4v5

The colt in the same price range is a stripped down plain jane m4gery but the Daniel defense models come decked out with cold hammer forged barrels, magpul stocks and full length DD omega rails.

Daniel Defense is much better quality than the colt. Compare one next to each other and you will see. People lust colts because they were the main military supplier for the longest time. BCM (bravo company) is also a very good base weapon for your price range. there are many other great rifles to be had, better just buy one of each!

Back
Top Bottom