• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Yugo m70 vs Mak 90?

yugo m70ab2 or norinco mak 90

• Total voters
My mk18 I use at work and my arsenal... Rattle canned up!! Can't wait to get all up in this yugo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 36
The arsenal was just for fun. It hasn't gotten much use. The paint is surprisingly easy. just go get some spray paint that is the same colors as your backyard. Then spray it all over your rifle. It will look fine.

Now that mk18 I've beat the brakes off of. I treat that thing like a dirty corner girl.... Except I clean it better...

The mak 90 is made from cheaper chinese steel though. Any knife guy can tell you stay away from chinese steel. That's prolly why they made it thicker. I just need a tank of a gun
OPAP, you want a tank, buy the OPAP, it's THE TANK of the AK's. Pretty sure it doesn't have the US made barrel like the abpt2 (can't remember name).

I believe the m70ab2 and opap are equally beefy. Gordon Freeman Gordon Freeman ?
Both are equal. The US made barrels in the AB2 are just as good as OPAP. OPAP does have hammer forged barrel, but it's also softer metal. The US are made by Green Mountain, I believe. Very good, but not chrome lined. Only difference is OPAP is factory built. Given that, I rather have an OPAP for same price, but since ththe M70AB are generally less, they're fine. Also, the AB2 is equipped with bayonet (and grenade launcher sight), since it's not an import. All imports are prohibited from being sold here with a bayonet. Hence why NPAP/OPAP don't have them.

Last edited:
Both are equal. The US made barrels in the AB2 are just as good as OPAP. OPAP does have hammer forged barrel, but it's also softer metal. The US are made by Green Mountain, I believe. Very good, but not chrome lined. Only difference is OPAP is factory built. Given that, I rather have an OPAP for same price, but since ththe M70AB are generally less, they're fine. Also, the AB2 is equipped with bayonet (and grenade launcher sight), since it's not an import. All imports are prohibited from being sold here with a bayonet. Hence why NPAP/OPAP don't have them.
Good info! I know the GM barrels are supposed to be great. I'd like to have all those rifles mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom