• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Not open for further responses”

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to intentionally get banned, warned, or threads deleted. So much so that I have to wonder about folks that brag about it, or consider it a badge of honor. For the most part, it leads me to believe those are folks that have never actually done anything in their life. If THAT is what they have to define themselves, they need to literally get a life and do something with it.

"Are you saying that I should call out the mods and get banned again?" WHO would even care, and WHY should anyone here care? It's not admirable, it's not a special skill, and ANYONE can do it. Way to reach for the lowest rung on the ladder. That's like bragging about the ability to commit suicide, get arrested, or get fired. Not long after you get banned, the Staff forgets your name.

I'm a Mod, and I can get myself permanently banned from the ODT in a single post. It's that easy.

How about doing something that you actually have to work to accomplish. For you, that would include being a contributing member of the ODT. One that shares knowledge, and thereby expands the gestalt. Ask questions and get help when you need it. Listen to what some of the folks here have to say, expand your own knowledge, and be someone that later passes that knowledge along. The vast majority of the knowledge here is something we learned from someone else, and we're passing it along. Once in a while, someone comes up with something new, and shares it.

We have members here with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge. Someone has a question about S&W revolvers, there's a few members that we all know to tag. M1 Garands and Carbines.......same thing. Cerakote question, we turn to Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert . Optics questions, we have Twitch2120 Twitch2120 and ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 . Long range/precision rifles, same two dudes. We have several folks that know the AR platform inside and out. The Reloading forum is full of dudes that we go to when we need help, as is Gunsmithing.

What are YOU contributing to the forum? What positives are you bringing to the table? I don't follow you, and maybe I'm only seeing a small percentage of your posts, and I can't be bothered to do a search for the rest, but most of what I'm seeing are negatives.

It's easy to intentionally get banned, warned, or threads deleted. So much so that I have to wonder about folks that brag about it, or consider it a badge of honor. For the most part, it leads me to believe those are folks that have never actually done anything in their life. If THAT is what they have to define themselves, they need to literally get a life and do something with it.

"Are you saying that I should call out the mods and get banned again?" WHO would even care, and WHY should anyone here care? It's not admirable, it's not a special skill, and ANYONE can do it. Way to reach for the lowest rung on the ladder. That's like bragging about the ability to commit suicide, get arrested, or get fired. Not long after you get banned, the Staff forgets your name.

I'm a Mod, and I can get myself permanently banned from the ODT in a single post. It's that easy.

How about doing something that you actually have to work to accomplish. For you, that would include being a contributing member of the ODT. One that shares knowledge, and thereby expands the gestalt. Ask questions and get help when you need it. Listen to what some of the folks here have to say, expand your own knowledge, and be someone that later passes that knowledge along. The vast majority of the knowledge here is something we learned from someone else, and we're passing it along. Once in a while, someone comes up with something new, and shares it.

We have members here with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge. Someone has a question about S&W revolvers, there's a few members that we all know to tag. M1 Garands and Carbines.......same thing. Cerakote question, we turn to Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert . Optics questions, we have Twitch2120 Twitch2120 and ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 . Long range/precision rifles, same two dudes. We have several folks that know the AR platform inside and out. The Reloading forum is full of dudes that we go to when we need help, as is Gunsmithing.

What are YOU contributing to the forum? What positives are you bringing to the table? I don't follow you, and maybe I'm only seeing a small percentage of your posts, and I can't be bothered to do a search for the rest, but most of what I'm seeing are negatives.

Lmao the fact that you’re acting like you don’t care, but you took the time to write a whole essay about me is hilarious. You’re acting like I’m the only one who gets banned on here. People literally put “banned” in their usernames lol. Y’all take everything way too seriously. You’re a mod…not the president. There are so many people who post complete bs on here, just trying to spruce it up a little🤣

Lmao the fact that you’re acting like you don’t care, but you took the time to write a whole essay about me is hilarious. You’re acting like I’m the only one who gets banned on here. People literally put “banned” in their usernames lol. Y’all take everything way too seriously. You’re a mod…not the president. There are so many people who post complete bs on here, just trying to spruce it up a little🤣

I "wrote a whole essay" here because it's part of my job. This is the sort of thing that I was brought onboard to do. It's what is EXPECTED of me. This response is also part of my job here.

Contributing to the knowledge base of the forum is also a reason that I was brought onboard. I also do that quite a bit.

I used to arrest folks like you all the time. They act big, talk a big game, and think they're the center of the universe. They think that their interaction with me is a one-of-a-kind incident, and that I'll remember them forever. Six months later I get the subpoena, show up for court, and can't remember the squirrelly little dude in prison orange to save my life. Barely a blip on my radar.

I don't take everything seriously. I joke around with a lot of members here. I routinely meet ODT members outside of the webverse. We meet in person, shoot together, I help them with their firearms/equipment, etc. You wouldn't know this, because you are not someone that I care to be friendly with, or ever see in person.

So far, nearly everything I've seen posted under your name is "complete bs". Even the members that everyone hates hate you. I suppose that's some sort of accomplishment.

I'm still looking for your examples of positivity that you've brought to the ODT, but you'd rather deflect than attempt to answer a question you can't answer. Positive contributions. Sunshine, not ****. Diamonds, not dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom