• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

~$1,000 1911 threaded barrel...suggestions?

ol' 30-30

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
11   0
Reaction score
Looking for a 1911 to run with a suppressor. ~1,000 (including threaded barrel...thats the kicker). $1,200 would be about my absolute top. I know my budget is going to limit me but can yall point me in a direction. I wish kimber sold a model with a factory threaded barrel. Want a fullsize. I've been looking at the Sig Tac Ops TB and the Scorpion TB. I'm new to the 1911 world. first gun i ever bought was a Springfield mill spec 1911 years and tears ago but I sold it off (still regret it). Are those sigs good 1911's? I own a 226 9mm and love it. Doesn't have to be new so if I can get into a nicer used gun (in great shape) that wouldn't be an issue for me also.

I have shot the FDE Sig that comes with a rail, mag well, nice grips and sights for suppressor use all for $1,000. They have one in stock at Bullseye in Lawrenceville. They are very nice hosts.

Check out this posting from Classic City Firearms

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/303606-FS-Inventory-Update

Even has a threaded barrel

Take this man's advice. I shot my friend's Remington R1 enhanced TB. At 25 yards with my osprey 45, every bullet hole from that first mag touched. The trigger feels great. If you want a 1911, it is a good value with the TB.

CLASSIC CITY is a first rate seller too. His prices can't be beat and he's a good guy. IMO, it's a no brainier unless you live a million miles from Athens.

Here is what I use for 45

i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_c8226d0c.jpg
i664.photobucket.com_albums_vv7_wwboater_a3cbddd1.jpg

If you dont mind a external extractor a sig is the way to go .Checkered front ,and rear,beveled mag well ,good factory trig,nightsights.Its hard to get that much on a gun for $1100 or less .

Back
Top Bottom