• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr vs 22mag vs 5.7

Yea, i hear you on size but it almost doubles 9mm capacity. It is only a matter of time before you see ccw 5.7 and bolt guns in 5.7.
I'm not saying it will be 22 cheap, but as demand grows and the big companies keep making it in America it will continue to improve and more available in bulk pricing

If prices get down to 22 mag levels, that would make it a viable plinker - for me.

I thought about one for my wife, but grip is too large for her.

I don't know - shouldn't we add 22 TCM into this mix? A 40 grain round traveling 2,000 ft / sec from a 5" barrel that can be fired from a converted 1911 seems kind of cool. Or the 22 TCM 9R, which can be fired from a converted Glock.
And if you are really handy you can convert .223 brass into 22 TCM brass.
I had the double stack version with the extra 9mm barrel. 17 rounds and even if you managed to miss every shot the fireballs from the muzzle flash would likely set the bad guy on fire.
Yea, i hear you on size but it almost doubles 9mm capacity. It is only a matter of time before you see ccw 5.7 and bolt guns in 5.7.
I'm not saying it will be 22 cheap, but as demand grows and the big companies keep making it in America it will continue to improve and more available in bulk pricing
RIA makes a bolt gun in 22 TCM, unsure if it's worth the money though.

If prices get down to 22 mag levels, that would make it a viable plinker - for me.

I thought about one for my wife, but grip is too large for her.
Yea, I am not in love with the ergonomics on the 5.7. But it's capacity makes up for it
And if you are really handy you can convert .223 brass into 22 TCM brass.
I had the double stack version with the extra 9mm barrel. 17 rounds and even if you managed to miss every shot the fireballs from the muzzle flash would likely set the bad guy on fire.

RIA makes a bolt gun in 22 TCM, unsure if it's worth the money though.
I didn't know rock island was making bolt guns. Interesting

Yea, I am not in love with the ergonomics on the 5.7. But it's capacity makes up for it

I didn't know rock island was making bolt guns. Interesting

If you're getting a rifle, why not just get one in 223?

If you're getting a rifle, why not just get one in 223?
That was one of the reasons I never seriously looked into getting one of those.
I considered it briefly when I had the 22 TCM 1911 and flirted with the idea of having a handgun and long gun in the same caliber.

Back
Top Bottom