• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 aac blackout subsonic. How loud is it with no supressor?

BushWhacker, I said bullet drop is manageable out to 150 yards.
Your trajectory numbers confirm that.
My data from playing with an online ballistics calculator says for a 220 grain soft point .30 bullet at 1020 fps initial velocity, a 100 yard zero means a dead -on hold for any distance within 120 yards.
Any spot between 0 and 120, the bullet will be no more than 2" high to 4" low.

At 125-140 yards, have her aim 6" higher than desired impact point.

At 145 to 155 yards, aim about a foot high. (Or 13", whatever).

Past 155 yards, let it walk. Or try to get it closer to you.

As for velocity and energy, my data says the 1020 fps at the muzze gives 508 ft/lbs energy.

At 150 yards its still 920 ft/sec. and 420 ft/lbs. Those numbers aren't great, but they weren't great from the beginning either. Subsonic ammo is just not a high powered load-- whether it's 10 feet or 110 yards.

A high velocity .300 Blackout fired from a 16" barrel gives way more energy, over 1000 ft/lbs for close to moderate distance shots.

That .223 I recommended, with 65 gr. bullets coming out of a 16" bbl. AR at 2750 f.p.s., has more energy than a subsonic load, and a much flatter trajectory. With that 65 grain supersonic bullet you could aim dead on at 1-175 yards, hold-over 6 inches at 200 yards.

Get the .300 BLK and a good quality can and run supersonic ammo (Barnes TAC TX) It will be hearing safe. Subsonic 300 BLK on medium size game is absolutely silly for anyone that is less than very experienced in anotomy, ballistics and marksmanship.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I concur! I know deer inside and out, and am an outstanding shot. Personally, I would never willingly use .300Blk subs on deer.......I might as well use .45ACP.

.300Blk supers are a good deer/hog round, though. I have a handload that a buddy of mine uses on deer and hogs, running a 125grn NBT at 2100fps. Through my suppressed Remington Model 7, that will be my daighter’s deer rifle. The 110grn Barns TAC TX that Burdy mentioned is a stellar deer load......a buddy of mine’s daughter has taken numerous deer with it.

I concur! I know deer inside and out, and am an outstanding shot. Personally, I would never willingly use .300Blk subs on deer.......I might as well use .45ACP.

.300Blk supers are a good deer/hog round, though. I have a handload that a buddy of mine uses on deer and hogs, running a 125grn NBT at 2100fps. Through my suppressed Remington Model 7, that will be my daighter’s deer rifle. The 110grn Barns TAC TX that Burdy mentioned is a stellar deer load......a buddy of mine’s daughter has taken numerous deer with it.
I shot two this year with the 110 Barnes. Both approximately 45 yard shots. I had complete passthrough of BOTH shoulders on the broadside shot and I shot the other, larger doe straight on in the chest from the ground. (I normally don't do this but she busted me and I can't leave witnesses) Both deer made it maybe 35 yards after absolute death runs.

The bullet performs very well. I'm getting 1 MOA accuracy from my suppressed 10.25" barrel with a 1-6x (probably the best I could do anyway w/ just 6x) and 2130 FPS.

This weekend I took the gun out to 300 yards on steel which is just under the maximum expansion threshold yardage for that round (1350 fps). It held it's accuracy all the way out to that distance and was surprisingly easy. Pfft, dink, pfft dink, pfft, dink.

We had a lot of guns at deer/hog camp this weekend many of them costing much more and capable of much longer ranges and accuracy but everyone wanted to shoot or carry my little light and quiet 300 BLK.

Absolutely, it has its limitations but if you know them and can work inside of them, the cartridge will do most anything you need of it here in the southeast.

I shot two this year with the 110 Barnes. Both approximately 45 yard shots. I had complete passthrough of BOTH shoulders on the broadside shot and I shot the other, larger doe straight on in the chest from the ground. (I normally don't do this but she busted me and I can't leave witnesses) Both deer made it maybe 35 yards after absolute death runs.

The bullet performs very well. I'm getting 1 MOA accuracy from my suppressed 10.25" barrel with a 1-6x (probably the best I could do anyway w/ just 6x) and 2130 FPS.

This weekend I took the gun out to 300 yards on steel which is just under the maximum expansion threshold yardage for that round (1350 fps). It held it's accuracy all the way out to that distance and was surprisingly easy. Pfft, dink, pfft dink, pfft, dink.

We had a lot of guns at deer/hog camp this weekend many of them costing much more and capable of much longer ranges and accuracy but everyone wanted to shoot or carry my little light and quiet 300 BLK.

Absolutely, it has its limitations but if you know them and can work inside of them, the cartridge will do most anything you need of it here in the southeast.

I agree. Not getting that performance out of subs on deer, especially at the 100yds+. Speed kills!!!

Back
Top Bottom