300blk fail today

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
SO today wasn't a bueno day at the range. Im already having things fixed so no pictures or range reports, just looking to see if anyone has any insight.

Took out the factory noveske 8.2 300blk rifle and put the SDN-6 on her. Fired 125grn pills and a few 220grn ones.

Had a endcap strike after the first few rounds of 125 grn. that sucks! well I wasn't going to stop shooting. When I got to the 220grns, man they sounded sweet!

Heres the problem, lots of them were keyholing, like in 21ft. It was factory remmington ammo but it was older ammo that had been hand cycled in a bolt gun a bunch of times. would a compressed round keyhole, the messed up endcap, or something else cause the 220's to keyhole?

BTW AAC had a RMA # and shipping label to me before I got to the house for all of you that say their customer service sucks.

Man thats weird, and quite unsettling. I have no idea on the possible cause, perhaps under powered ammo (resulting in slower projectiles not fully stabilizing? Sorry about the end strike.

So the suppressor wasn't on straight? When you say end cap you mean the end of the suppressor correct?

Man that sucks.

So the suppressor wasn't on straight? When you say end cap you mean the end of the suppressor correct?

Yes the part were the bullet exits. I think the mount was the culprit there. I tighten it as tight as possible, but then it always seems to come off one ratchet. AAC is going to look into that for me

Man thats weird, and quite unsettling. I have no idea on the possible cause, perhaps under powered ammo (resulting in slower projectiles not fully stabilizing? Sorry about the end strike.
Its a 1/7 twist barrel specifically for the subs. I wonder is the rounds were compressed from a miss feeding bolt gun. I only brought those 220's to dispose of them at paper.

baffle strike with supers and keyholing subs makes me think you have a barrel or mount issue. Were the subs keyholing without the can on? did you shoot any 125s unsuppressed? Keyhole?

the endcap strike shouldnt cause rounds to keyhole, as the previous rounds removed the problem area...

Back
Top Bottom