• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 At Dicks?

I just started this thread to prove a point to a fellow ODT member. I made an offer for a trade with some 5.56, which he was asking for as a trade item, and he responded with "They're selling it at Dick's for $7.99/box." To be honest, I wouldn't know, as Dick's wouldn't even enter my mind if I was shopping for guns or ammo. I just highly doubted it. And no, I was not gouging at all. Just told him what I had.

I just started this thread to prove a point to a fellow ODT member. I made an offer for a trade with some 5.56, which he was asking for as a trade item, and he responded with "They're selling it at Dick's for $7.99/box." To be honest, I wouldn't know, as Dick's wouldn't even enter my mind if I was shopping for guns or ammo. I just highly doubted it. And no, I was not gouging at all. Just told him what I had.
i use to get ammo from them quite often

i live in atlanta so i cant go to far out, plus i would get coupons with 10 or 20% off depending on how much i spent, got some decent prices

this is before their terrible customer service and bad business ethics came to light regarding troy industries and similar things

i will never visit again, and i will discourage anyone to do so

if i had an ODT member tell me about dicks, i would call them a benedict arnold and leave it at that. i wont do business with alot of folks on here out of principle, let alone the fact that i feel like they would be greasy to deal with

i use to get ammo from them quite often

i live in atlanta so i cant go to far out, plus i would get coupons with 10 or 20% off depending on how much i spent, got some decent prices

this is before their terrible customer service and bad business ethics came to light regarding troy industries and similar things

i will never visit again, and i will discourage anyone to do so

if i had an ODT member tell me about dicks, i would call them a benedict arnold and leave it at that. i wont do business with alot of folks on here out of principle, let alone the fact that i feel like they would be greasy to deal with

Yep. And that was the point of my post. Was more of a statement than a question.

I was 1 of the people screwed by the Dicks Troy ar15 fiasco. I will keep shopping there though as long as they keep sending me those gift certificates :cool:

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but every time I see a thread about Dicks, I think of Mickey Avalon...especially when the subject is AR15s or ammo...

My dick don't fit down the chimney
Your dick is like a kid from the Philippines
My dick is like an M16
Your dick, broken vending machine

As tempting as it might be, I'm having a hard time forgetting all the pre-ordered Troy AR's in early December 2012 that were cancelled without notice and Troy's letter outlining how Dicks also backed out on the commitment to carry their line, leaving them in a real pinch. Like others, Academy will get my business when the LGS doesn't have what I need.

THIS

Back
Top Bottom