• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5.56 Dedicated Can & Other Suppressor Questions

This is just my 2 cents.

I manufacture suppressors. I do not think there is any such thing as hearing safe. We also have reports to verify this. While in the woods a single suppressed shot from a bolt gun may not cause any long term issues. By any semi auto may.

As far as shooting at a range, again nothing is ever hearing safe with the exception of a suppressed .22

We have measured bolts on ARs at 120+DB.

Having said that I conclude: Always hear ear protection. At my shop wearing protection is a requirement.

When you are shopping your should always try to test out what you are buying. Having access to many can is great for us. The differences are very audible.

Believe it or not our best selling 5.56 can is a 1/2 x 6" stainless unit. it alters enough of the frequencies that it removes all the sharp edges of the report. Anyone who hears a full size can vs the small one wants the small one. Oh and it is full auto rated.

Check out Dead Air Sandman S. It’s a 30 cal can but they make 556 endcaps that are great for sound as well as blowback. FA rated and no min barrel length. They are a Georgia company in Lawrenceville as well.

Back
Top Bottom