• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

5.7 Pistols

Favorite 5.7 Pistol

• FN

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Ruger

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • S&W

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • PSA

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
For years there was only the one made by FN. Now Ruger, S&W, and Palmetto State Armory make a 5.7.
Which is your favorite?

Even though more companies are making 5.7 ammo, it is still very expensive.

What is your take on the cartridge?

If I were to buy one now, it would have to be the FN. Even though it has that gay accessory mount on the front of the frame, it does not have a trigger safety. Just don’t think I can buy the aesthetics or finger tickling of that design.
And I do need one as companion to my AR57, just can’t pull the trigger. Maybe some manufacturer will have a design that hits my sweet spot.

Yeah, a 5.7 pistol s not exactly in my ‘’gotta have’’ list either. Be a fun range toy, but there’s other stuff I’d rather dump a grand on.

I bought my FN before any of the others came out. I love it and reload 5.7 to keep cost down.

TFB-TV who I like and respect favors the Smith but the Rock seems very solid.

S&W with the safety shooting unsuppressed.

I currently have the non safety and have had the other guns mentioned...plus a few other firearms in 5.7.

The S&W is a sweet shooter and reliable if you keep it clean and don't load the gas area down with lube.

I will buy an fde w/safety when it comes out.

My take...from people shooting my guns, just about everyone shoots the 5.7's well to very good.

That can't be said of the other calibers.

Yes it cost more...what is your life worth.

Speed, accuracy, cost & availability of ammo are part of the balancing act.

Having confidence/ faith in your tools and your abilities is a huge thing as well.

Don't buy anything your not willing to put the time and money in to learn to use well.

I’ve owned the FN, Ruger and the PSA. I hate to admit it but my wallet thanks me, I would 100% buy the PSA over the other 2 many times over. Just feels right in the hand and the trigger is great with a very short reset. A little heavier than the FN but not enough to warrant 3 times the cost.

Back
Top Bottom