• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm HP reloading question

I am not getting in to a pis--ahh comparison match with you sir!
as for reloading I reload about 8-10,000 rounds per year and also shoot them.
IF you are under the impression that every gun has a perfect SAAMI chamber then you are incorrect.
first a great many weapons are not SAAMI compliant as ammo isn't either.
I was trying to help the guy check his ammo for his weapon.
its not at all unusual for chambers to be either tight or loose and its generally true that resizing dies do not reduce spent casings to SAAMI standards either.

10-4, well alrighty then, Excuusssseeeee me for just trying to be helpful.
Judging by your avatar (pure) your answer was just a bit questionable.
Didn't mean to Pi** in your cheerios Sir.

For me, the fact remains that you do not NEED to buy a gage--the barrel is perfect. I don't own a single gage and don't see any in my future.
You can buy almost anything, including factory ammo, but a means to test using what you HAVE is more helpful.
Part of the recommendation should always be to load two inert dummy rounds and verify function BEFORE loading any.

variations in tooling. machining and what is known as acceptable tolerances often comes into play with factory barrels/chambers.
CZ for instance runs very tight tolerances on their barrels and its not unknown to hear or have a problem when using a flat point or truncated point projectile in a CZ, it can be at recommended sizes and still have a problem.
switch to a round nose/hollow point and the weapon works perfectly.
many times its the slight difference from one brand of ammo or projectile and the slightest differences in the taper of the nose and how fat it is at certain places .
Fiocchi has had problems in many 380 caliber pistols due to a fat projectile in the round nose factory, while other pistols eat it like candy.
you can measure the factory round sand they are in spec.
IF the Plunk tests works in YOUR barrel then the ammos should be fine when firing.

Back
Top Bottom