• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM JR Carbine with Rugged Obsidian 45

If you really want to try something different, load supersonic 9mm before the subs and go shoot it. It will sound like a tater gun when you fire the subs. Always fun to watch people's reaction at the range when they get to the subsonic ammo. If I didn't have a TiRant45, Obsidian would be my next choice after shooting them at a shoot a while back.

Thanks buddy I love this rifle!
I've liked the JR rifles ever since I first read about them years ago. It's a really versatile platform. And you got pretty damn good results with that can. My only gripe with the JR carbine would be the MSRP. I don't know why pistol caliber carbines cost so damn much.

That is awsome. I just bought an obsidian today.
I plan on putting it on a mp5. Is that with the 45 cap or the 9mm cap?

That is with the 45 cap. I haven't bought any other size caps.
I did have to get the threaded barrel adapter for the carbine.
I also bought the 1/2 x 28 adapter for use on the 9MM pistols.

I've liked the JR rifles ever since I first read about them years ago. It's a really versatile platform. And you got pretty damn good results with that can. My only gripe with the JR carbine would be the MSRP. I don't know why pistol caliber carbines cost so damn much.

I really like the JR carbine and I got a good deal on it from a fellow ODT'er. I have the Sub 2k and the good old High Point carbine as well.
I don't know why but I have a thing for the pistol caliber carbines.

I really like the JR carbine and I got a good deal on it from a fellow ODT'er. I have the Sub 2k and the good old High Point carbine as well.
I don't know why but I have a thing for the pistol caliber carbines.
Oh I get it. I want to build a 9mm AR but the old style Colt mag type. And I've wanted a Marlin Camp 9 as long as I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom