• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A great article about the blatant pandering disaster of forcing me to pay for college loads I didn't take out.

All these people complaining about actual people getting forgiven on their predatory school loans and no one talks about all the PPP business loans that forgiven. I'm not a dem or a Biden fan but I respect the crap out of him actually helping people.

I graduated in 2011 and got a 2nd job just to pay back my loans. I wholly support 100% forgiveness and a new restructuring of the college level academia. It must have been nice to be a boomer and pay $500 for a whole semester, including books and still turn out a selfish snowflake that's crying about debt forgiveness.

Huh? PPP loans werent the same thing, the country was literally shutdown by our politicians when it didn't need to be and businesses couldnt pay employees and could barely make ends meet to keep for going out of business completely. This isnt even in the same ball park as the same thing as forgiving student loans.

And the first round of PPP was under Trump, Biden didn't help those folks. The 2nd round has to be paid back.

You didn't have to take out that predatory school loan.....someone put a gun to your head?

I graduated not too many years before you, worked during the day, went to school at night, had a very modest school loan but was able to pay for most directly out of my checkbook. 500 bucks a semester, mine was way more than that, but I made it happen and paid what I owed back.

College is a career choice, yours and yours alone. No one else should be responsible.

If you wanna pay for someone elses, reach out to them and help them, but it shouldnt be on the taxpayers, and especially those that chose to forgoe college.

Me with my useful degree and successful career looking at my student loans now

1256cf.jpg

The worst part of this to me, is when my daughter was in med school, saving pennies and working nights at a restaurant to pay the quarterly interest on her loans to keep it from compounding.
Her class mates would say, ‘we’re flying to Cancun (or resort dujour) this weekend, come on along‘.
When she’d say she couldn’t afford it, they’d say ‘just put it on your student loan, like us’.
So, we’ll be paying for those weekend junkets as well as education.

Huh? PPP loans werent the same thing, the country was literally shutdown by our politicians when it didn't need to be and businesses couldnt pay employees and could barely make ends meet to keep for going out of business completely. This isnt even in the same ball park as the same thing as forgiving student loans.

And the first round of PPP was under Trump, Biden didn't help those folks. The 2nd round has to be paid back.

You didn't have to take out that predatory school loan.....someone put a gun to your head?

I graduated not too many years before you, worked during the day, went to school at night, had a very modest school loan but was able to pay for most directly out of my checkbook. 500 bucks a semester, mine was way more than that, but I made it happen and paid what I owed back.

College is a career choice, yours and yours alone. No one else should be responsible.

If you wanna pay for someone elses, reach out to them and help them, but it shouldnt be on the taxpayers, and especially those that chose to forgoe college.
Cool story.
PPP were still gov loans that were forgiven just like thos round of student loans. No body put a gun to the business owners heads to ask for them and they got forgiven. Why not actually people?
But everything else is put on tax payers, so this isn't even a blip on the radar.

All these people complaining about actual people getting forgiven on their predatory school loans and no one talks about all the PPP business loans that forgiven. I'm not a dem or a Biden fan but I respect the crap out of him actually helping people.

I graduated in 2011 and got a 2nd job just to pay back my loans. I wholly support 100% forgiveness and a new restructuring of the college level academia. It must have been nice to be a boomer and pay $500 for a whole semester, including books and still turn out a selfish snowflake that's crying about debt forgiveness.

Must be nice to be a getting a 10K break at others expense for a degree that should have paid for itself.

Please tell us when and where an entire semester (12 Units) of upper level education including books was only $500.

What college gave you a degree, you just dont come across as very bright.....

Folks risked losing everything they had due to the covid nonsense sent our way. Families not making ends meet, I could go on and on. How in the world do you equate someone having to payback 10k over many years the same thing? If the degree you got put in a situation where 10k is an issue for you, you have bigger problems. And its no one else problem. You definitely dont have any business taking out a loan for a home, car, whatever else....

Some were fortunate enough to have been able to pay your student loans off and after many more years hopefully before I die I'll be one too
$10K aint **** towards paying my families student looans off, it's just more big bill pandering for votes

Yep, if you are struggling to pay back 100k, 90k gonna be that much easier?

I'm all for helping folks, but its not the govts responsibility. You go help whoever you want. Wanna help folks, lower taxes and give them more of their paycheck to pay back these loans or whatever else. You definitely dont raise taxes.

There is no incentive now to pay back your loans in a timely manner, no incentive to pay back anything more than the minimum. Tax payers will pick up the balance.

Cool story.
PPP were still gov loans that were forgiven just like thos round of student loans. No body put a gun to the business owners heads to ask for them and they got forgiven. Why not actually people?
But everything else is put on tax payers, so this isn't even a blip on the radar.

Math isn't your strong suit is it?

10K x 40m = 400,000,000,000. That is a lot of taxpayer money being wasted.

Back
Top Bottom