• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A Hell of a Fight Coming

There is alot we can do. First get involved in your local politics. Become a delegate, get involved, attend the local meetings of your party. Democrat ,Republican, etc. does not matter. We have the most influence at the local level. You would be suprised at how few people it takes to make a major difference in policy direction at the local level. The local influence matters in elections at all levels and it is the ground level, foundation of what happens on the National level. Start today because we need to get out the vote for solid,Constitutional Senators, Congress men, and local state elect.
Yes NRA & GOA membership helps. They use the money to lobby officials and help campaigns for office.
Get involved and stay engaged.

Should the decision be made to STOP sales at Gun Shows, I wonder how... if at ALL... that will effect person to person sales/trades like we enjoy on ODT?

I spoke to a close friend of mine who voted for the "Bastage in Chief" in 2008 but did not vote this time. Here is her direct quote when I mentioned that her pistol would be potentially on the ban list because of her magazine capacity, "...Nobody's taking my fvcking gun!"

It is interesting to see how an Obama-maniac can change their mind quickly when he starts doing something that affects them directly...

This thread, ironic, it is... (in my best Yoda voice)

If they do something like they did the last time all CWL will be exempt from the back ground checks under that ban I could buy any gun by showing my license and they just took my license num and name
Should the decision be made to STOP sales at Gun Shows, I wonder how... if at ALL... that will effect person to person sales/trades like we enjoy on ODT?

Hey all. With an announcement coming in five hours that will outline the scope and breadth of the infringement of our rights, how will we best utilize the coming weeks to defend them? I'm sure there will be plenty of *****ing, moaning, and hollering, but that isn't going to do squat for protecting the Second Amendment.

What are we, the ODT community going to do? This is going to be a pivotal moment in deciding the future of the Second Amendment...probably forever. So, after we vent our frustrations, what is the best course of action?

Personally, I am going to donate more money to the NRA (I'm going to do it right after I post this thread).

Secondly I am going to continue to write and email Senators and Congresscritters

We need an action plan ODT community, this will be the biggest fight for Second Amendment rights to date.

Please refrain from derogatory posts, or childish insults and comments. We need some serious ideas, and it's great for our online community to encourage and support the efforts of other members on the forum.

Let's keep it positive with a proactive mindset.

Thanks.

This ^^^ is what I have been doing and will continue to do. Great post :thumb:

Not only joining the NRA and writing your letters to everyone of these doooooooooosh bags but also let all the companies you do business with if they support the gun ban you will not be doing business with them again--Walmart and all the gun companies--even your local gun stores you deal with--without your money and support a lot of these companies you deal with, will fill the pain of not supporting the second amendment----

Back
Top Bottom