• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

A seller has the right to ask , and the buyer has the right to decline ! Free and open market place its a wonderful thing . Welcome to America ! The other 96% of the world wishes they had these problems . U S A the greatest nation the world has ever known ! GOD BLESS .

this guy just won this thread. Case closed.

A seller has the right to ask , and the buyer has the right to decline ! Free and open market place its a wonderful thing . Welcome to America ! The other 96% of the world wishes they had these problems . U S A the greatest nation the world has ever known ! GOD BLESS .
Damn, that's a strong noob post. Welcome to the ODT!

EDIT: ok not a noob, just a low post count. Anyway, totally agree!

The only 'logs' agents will be taking pictures of are typically 01FFL. I've been a 03FFL for ~15 years now and never once have they visited or requested anything. Of course i collect and when i sell anything it's only a handful each year so it's not 'business'. Doubt you'll find any 03's that have had their books audited unless they did something to raise an alarm. (like constantly selling multiple rifles/pistols....you're in business at that point and should be a 01).

Well as a 03 i must abide by the laws regardless of what others think. Not to mention I know I wouldnt do well in a federal prison. So expect it if you're getting a 03 item from me. Anything else i will see a license + CCW if they have it to ensure i'm selling to someone with a GA license, not a felon, not underage. If that's an issue you'd not be leaving the scene with a completed sell. It's called Due Dillegence, refer back to "i don't think i'd handle the pen well". At least i can confirm i did what i'm required to do.
It's the shady stuff that's gonna give more ammo for these politicians to take away even more rights. A few bad apples thing.....and no.....nobody's gonna do a darn thing about it......just look at this past election. We're all too comfortable with jobs, family, life.

Best explanation yet.

I'm 63 years old and that has not been the case in my lifetime
There was a time in Georgia, you needed a permit for each individual weapon, don’t remember exactly what it was called, but the first time I got a carry permit, I carried a pistol into the court house and they recorded the serial number and it was listed on the permit.

it was a paper license you got at the Ordinary's Office, which is now the probate judge, and it was for concealed carry only.

It was called (and this is for real) a "Pistol Toters Permit". Looked like a paper receipt in a 3 to the page receipt book, and work the same way - left a carbon in the Ordinary's office.

unnamed.jpg

Sorry to be so late to the party here. I'm definitely in the group of people who don't want to share personal information (even just for a "peek"), but I do respect those who choose to require seeing a permit - it's a free country, right?

I usually avoid ads where a CCW is required, but I've had one or two situations where I really wanted to make the deal, so I found a way to split the difference. I take my GWCL, a couple post-its, and a pair of scissors - then I put it all together as shown (leaving my picture visible where Ronnie is). Before we make a deal, I PM this sample image to the other party to see if this will be enough for them.

GAWCL with Post-Its.jpg

At the meet itself, I hang on to the card, but they can look at it all they want. They can see that I have a permit, they can match my face to the picture, and they can see that the permit is not expired, but my name and address remain private. I have no legal standing to assess whether or not this qualifies as "due diligence", but if it lets the deal go through and everybody leaves happy, then it's a win, right?

I know most people will either just hand over their full info or avoid these deals entirely. That's up to them. This is just an idea. Some of you won't like it, so my advice is that you not do it. If this helps anybody else, I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom