• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on action to take after being threatened with a gun

Why not try to have conversation with the neighbor now that neither of you is promising an ass beting or shooting to the other one? These kind of disputes can often get out of hand and end up with tragic results, all because neither party is man enough to have a rational conversation about it.
Life is too short to hold a grudge over stupid ****.

The kid upstairs from us in our old apartment learned to roller skate in the living room....****ing heathen child

That sounds like a nightmare. We have been unfortunate with downstairs neighbors the last group were tweekers that partied all night, fought in the parking lot and tried to break into apartments. Given a choice between the tweekers and the roller skating- I'd probably choose the tweekers... :)

You can be sure, since you have kids who like to play and jump around that this idiot will confront you again. This time don't open the door, call 911, and let them find him in the hallway screaming at you while carrying his precious little bag.

Why not try to have conversation with the neighbor now that neither of you is promising an ass beting or shooting to the other one? These kind of disputes can often get out of hand and end up with tragic results, all because neither party is man enough to have a rational conversation about it.
Life is too short to hold a grudge over stupid ****.

Talking things through is absolutely sound and reasonable advice. I'm not made so I don't hold any grudges. If you are suggesting I go down to his apartment and knock on his door? No thanks, I'll pass. That sounds like a good idea, but the reality of the situation is that he could just as easily say I was trying to break in and shoot me in the face...frankly him threatening with a gun, going to get one and bringing one back doesn't place him in the reasonable person category. :)

Talking things through is absolutely sound and reasonable advice. I'm not made so I don't hold any grudges. If you are suggesting I go down to his apartment and knock on his door? No thanks, I'll pass. That sounds like a good idea, but the reality of the situation is that he could just as easily say I was trying to break in and shoot me in the face...frankly him threatening with a gun, going to get one and bringing one back doesn't place him in the reasonable person category. :)

I agree. Perhaps if you pass each other outside you could try again but his escalating from a noise complaint to threatening and (possibly) brandishing a firearm puts him in the "needed killin" category every time.

Um no I was thinking more like in the parling lot. I agree if he did get a gun and bring it to me, well that would be a damned fool thing to do. Glad no one was hurt, just saying maybe there is still romm to reconcile is all.

You can be sure, since you have kids who like to play and jump around that this idiot will confront you again. This time don't open the door, call 911, and let them find him in the hallway screaming at you while carrying his precious little bag.

This probably where I am headed. Probably also going to get a .223 rifle. I've been meaning to get one- I guess this makes the decision more simple.

Back
Top Bottom