• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Advice on action to take after being threatened with a gun

Um no I was thinking more like in the parling lot. I agree if he did get a gun and bring it to me, well that would be a damned fool thing to do. Glad no one was hurt, just saying maybe there is still romm to reconcile is all.

I'm really glad no one was hurt. Given the intensity of the situation I was surprised at how well I responded to the situation. I was met with an armed threat and I didn't loose my ability to think rationally and make what I believe was the right decision. It may not make me a good Christian but the man threatened me with a gun- I'm not going to go out of my way to pick a fight but at this point I'm not looking to reconcile either. Maybe I'll think differently later.

So what you are implying is that because your kid isn't obnoxious, that everyone else's is also?
Fair enough. After all we do put him in timeout if he throws anything even remotely heavy or stomps his feet.

OP, do your kids ever throw things, run around or stomp their feet?

Fair enough. After all we do put him in timeout if he throws anything even remotely heavy or stomps his feet.

OP, do your kids ever throw things, run around or stomp their feet?

No, my kids are rational mini-adults that debate the merits of whether we should decrease federal spending or increase tax revenues. ;)

My kids are well behaved, they are respectful, I apply discipline and love and they do get punished when they do wrong. They are boys and like dogs if I don't run them for a couple of hours everyday they get excess energy and take it out in less than productive ways. I wish I could bring myself to spank them when they needed it but I don't.

Back
Top Bottom