• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice on AR pistol

Damn it... Ok, so we are back to .300 BO...

I guess that's fine, let's me use the shorter barrel, packs more punch than .223 and if I decide to suppress it, its the better caliber for that...

@IntegrityArms , do you guys have the barrel, upper and quad rail and things in stock to build a nice, but not crazy expensive 8.5" upper, in stock? If so, I am only 30 min away and can head over this afternoon or tomorrow.

Just talked to the guy at Integrity, and he said that they build 7.5" in .223 Wylde all the time and don't see any issues. He said that with the right brake, it keep a lot of the blast out of your face and that reliability isn't an issue.

He said that for a "fun gun" and a home defense CQB weapon, it's fine. Sure it doesn't have the ballistics of your full size AR, but it's still more than the handgun in your nightstand most likely.

Gonna head over there a little later today and see what I can pick up.

I forgot to mention, although he can not advertise this bit of information I am about to drop on you, like the Death Star a lot of people died to get me this information. His own barrel line is made by the same manufacturer as Wilson Combats. He always has short barrels lying around because he primarily does shorter barrel set ups now. 100 for an upper, 120 for a real good bolt carrier group and I think his shorter barrels are under 200. You are looking a little over 300 before a hand-guard. It's one of the most expensive parts of the build. Pick the one of your choice and put it together. Hell I will assemble it for free. You can save on shipping for a short ride up 575 right in the Woodstock area. Then you know you have a great piece of equipment and somewhere to go if something goes haywire ( he backs his parts like Christ ). Take your lower in and let him select fit the upper( he has cases of them ) to match the lower perfectly and then there will be no slop in your lower to upper fit. It's the only way to fly. You see what you are getting and can handle it before you make a huge mistake and decide to roll the dice with PSA. If you are working with a light budget then Optics Planet have Trinity Force hand-guards for 89 bucks. They had problems with them loosening after a while but then milled a groove in the barrel nut to secure it with a set screw ( problem solved ). I have one on my 14.5 inch 6.8 build and it's a good solid piece of kit. It's a good way to save a hunsky. You can't walk around the range and say " I've got a KAK! I've got a KAK! I've got a KAK " but that would cost you almost as much as the whole upper. That's a good option but he also has budget parts that will hold up just a good and you can save there if need be. Give him a shout. He is open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and he has a walk in shop to look at the goods. It's a great way to build a gun and keep the money in the ODT community and in the Atlanta Metro Area. Also, someone to go back to if there are any problems. There are a lot of guys on Outdoors Trader that will back me up on this one. Steve is a great guy to deal with. He will bend over backward to please. SR Armory (678)-230-8832 and Steve will answer. I have spent a small fortune in parts at his place. It's my go to place for builds.

I forgot to mention, although he can not advertise this bit of information I am about to drop on you, like the Death Star a lot of people died to get me this information. His own barrel line is made by the same manufacturer as Wilson Combats. He always has short barrels lying around because he primarily does shorter barrel set ups now. 100 for an upper, 120 for a real good bolt carrier group and I think his shorter barrels are under 200. You are looking a little over 300 before a hand-guard. It's one of the most expensive parts of the build. Pick the one of your choice and put it together. Hell I will assemble it for free. You can save on shipping for a short ride up 575 right in the Woodstock area. Then you know you have a great piece of equipment and somewhere to go if something goes haywire ( he backs his parts like Christ ). Take your lower in and let him select fit the upper( he has cases of them ) to match the lower perfectly and then there will be no slop in your lower to upper fit. It's the only way to fly. You see what you are getting and can handle it before you make a huge mistake and decide to roll the dice with PSA. If you are working with a light budget then Optics Planet have Trinity Force hand-guards for 89 bucks. They had problems with them loosening after a while but then milled a groove in the barrel nut to secure it with a set screw ( problem solved ). I have one on my 14.5 inch 6.8 build and it's a good solid piece of kit. It's a good way to save a hunsky. You can't walk around the range and say " I've got a KAK! I've got a KAK! I've got a KAK " but that would cost you almost as much as the whole upper. That's a good option but he also has budget parts that will hold up just a good and you can save there if need be. Give him a shout. He is open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and he has a walk in shop to look at the goods. It's a great way to build a gun and keep the money in the ODT community and in the Atlanta Metro Area. Also, someone to go back to if there are any problems. There are a lot of guys on Outdoors Trader that will back me up on this one. Steve is a great guy to deal with. He will bend over backward to please. SR Armory (678)-230-8832 and Steve will answer. I have spent a small fortune in parts at his place. It's my go to place for builds.

How many Boffins died getting that information to you? ;-)

Yeah, I plan on bringing my built lower to Integrity and getting his advice on the best way to proceed with the build, for a decent price. Building an upper is easy... takes more time to get the stupid gas tube installed into the gas block than it does for the entire rest of the build... haha

Whats this buffer tube thingy you speak of :becky:
20151004_114902.jpg

And never a bad time for a Star Wars reference.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5o_i0zrAYHqakhrb3h1ZjI4b1U/view?usp=sharing

How many Boffins died getting that information to you? ;-)

Yeah, I plan on bringing my built lower to Integrity and getting his advice on the best way to proceed with the build, for a decent price. Building an upper is easy... takes more time to get the stupid gas tube installed into the gas block than it does for the entire rest of the build... haha
I agree. Assembly on the upper is a straight forward job. A piece of cake. If you talk to Integrity at the very least call Steve on your barrel. Look at his face book page he has a lot of his work on there. Some bad ass looking pistols coming out of his shop.

Also the 5.56 round is a great round. It's readily available, inexpensive and with the right projectile can leave a down right nasty wound. I have talked to doctors that have said you are better off getting shot with a bigger bullet. The soft tissue damage from such a fast round is stupid awful, bone shattering and the like. Not a pleasant subject to talk about but an underrated round by a lot of gun nuts. Plus all the parts are much cheaper to purchase and they are practically giving the magazines away now. It's a great time to purchase a new one or build right now. Good luck with your build and looking forward to peek at some pics when you are done.

Back
Top Bottom