• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AK, Wolf ammo, iron sights 500y ? All day

Oh by no means was that a legit test. When I was in near ambushes it was something terrifying. It wasn’t the AKs fault they missed me. It was the fact that their training was garbage AF. Or they were 68 years old or 16 years old. Militia etc.

When I ran across ex-republican guard they could place some accurate fire.

When I fought legit Talib or foreign fighters from Pak they could lay it on me too.

The young men and old men who were yanked into the war by the above players didn’t have much of a chance.

Not only that but as an American I was LOADED with force multipliers;
NVGs
CAS
Ordnance

And Still they were a pita to fight lol
NVA tactic . The north Vietnamese army sent the Vietcong to hit and run us during Vietnam. Mostly farmers and kids . Then when the real fight was on (Tet) the NVA sent their real fighters. It was and still is an effective way to wear down the enemy and keep the good troops in reserve

NVA tactic . The north Vietnamese army sent the Vietcong to hit and run us during Vietnam. Mostly farmers and kids . Then when the real fight was on (Tet) the NVA sent their real fighters. It was and still is an effective way to wear down the enemy and keep the good troops in reserve
Absolutely straight outta the COIN manual.
When the JUBA cell (sniper unit) hit Baghdad it was a big loss on our side. The SAF engagements were meh a lot of shooting for sure, but when they started sniping from the trunks of cars via a knocked out tail light in a super crowded urban enviorments and Bazaars it was hell on morale and difficult to use normal anti-sniper techniques.
A lot of dudes died for us to figure out WTF was going on. Insurgency is a manual in and of itself and is very well evolved at this point, we’d all do well to learn it and keep it in our toolbox. It is an ABSOLUTELY effective way to fight when presented with certain obstacles. Just ask our ODAs :thumb:

You’ll never catch me calling them cowards, idiots, etc for their techniques in fighting. War is war. All bets are off adapt or die
No such thing as cheating unfortunately. I found it interesting how they tried to make JUBA look like one man. Like he is a superhero. You could tell it was a group . That is until we knocked the buildings down around them

No such thing as cheating unfortunately. I found it interesting how they tried to make JUBA look like one man. Like he is a superhero. You could tell it was a group . That is until we knocked the buildings down around them
Haha dude my unit thought it was one dude for a solid several months. When we had multiple KIAs across town within the same time frame.....awwww **** moment.

The big problem for my guys was thinking he was 300m or more away, looking up at the mosque towers, scanning roof tops, and the dude is 50m away in the back of a trunk. :doh:

Pretty much when the IP searched a whip and found a shooting mat and brass and ish in th trunk it was an ah-ha moment.

The ones who got shot were usually the dudes who stood still. MPs took a lot of casualties, and anyone on a static Overt OP took a lot.

The legs knew never to stop moving. I remember spelling my name and all kinds of words with my feet walking on the ground if we had to halt movement just to keep an inconsistent pattern.

Guys who move left, then right, then left, then right would get nailed.

Then you head to Astan where if you move around like a chicken with it’s head cut off you explode. Change tactics, when you get engaged either stay put and bang it out, or jump into the s*** trenches and move.

Ahhhh the good old days

Haha dude my unit thought it was one dude for a solid several months. When we had multiple KIAs across town within the same time frame.....awwww **** moment.

The big problem for my guys was thinking he was 300m or more away, looking up at the mosque towers, scanning roof tops, and the dude is 50m away in the back of a trunk. :doh:

Pretty much when the IP searched a whip and found a shooting mat and brass and ish in th trunk it was an ah-ha moment.

The ones who got shot were usually the dudes who stood still. MPs took a lot of casualties, and anyone on a static Overt OP took a lot.

The legs knew never to stop moving. I remember spelling my name and all kinds of words with my feet walking on the ground if we had to halt movement just to keep an inconsistent pattern.

Guys who move left, then right, then left, then right would get nailed.

Then you head to Astan where if you move around like a chicken with it’s head cut off you explode. Change tactics, when you get engaged either stay put and bang it out, or jump into the s*** trenches and move.

Ahhhh the good old days
Yeah the 54R is very unforgiving . Then again so are laser guided bombs . That whole unit never saw it coming . One day juba is alive and well ... the next poof .

In the United States if you ain’t on the rifle range then a platform designed to hit stuff past 300 yards is nothing more than a range toy . This ain’t Afghanistan. You pop some **** in a city that’s 300 yards away then you will see 300 yards ... while you are at a south GA prison.

What’s the deal with these kinda posts anyway? Your smart enough to know you don’t open carry an MG42 and use a Walther ppk as an anti tank gun
I'm somewhat of a prepper and SHTF is always a consideration. If that were not a consideration I would be happy with a PCC and wonder why you need an AK.

I'm somewhat of a prepper and SHTF is always a consideration. If that were not a consideration I would be happy with a PCC and wonder why you need an AK.
I hear ya. Best advice I’d say is stick with the AR . If the SHTF you need to high tail it out of sandy springs . That place would be on fire within days

Back
Top Bottom