• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Alcohol? Carry?

as long as you are not hunting/fishing and/or shooting. you can carry. Possession and/or discharge of a firearm while under the influence It is against the law to be in possession of firearm while engaged in hunting and fishing activities or discharge a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any drug or any combination of alcohol and any drug to the extent that it is unsafe for the person to discharge such firearm except in the defense of life, health, and property; It is also against the law to discharge a firearm while engaged in any shooting activity while under the influence of alcohol or any drug or any combination of alcohol and any drug. It is NO defense to violation of this law even if you are legally entitled to use such a drug (prescription). (16-11-134, 27-3-7)
This sucks cause if i'm fishing i'm drinking, and if my pants are on i'm carrying. So the only way for me to legally fish would be to fish bottomless, which is probably illegal too

They cannot rewrite the laws but when the stop you, it is there interpretation of the law. They will right you a citation or take you to jail after which it is your responsibility to prove your innocence. I know someone that was cited for DUI and was carrying and the cops said that he could not do that (their interpretation).

Back
Top Bottom