• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one........

I seriously haven't fired my gen2 19 or my mk 23. The last gun I fired was a Zenith mp5 to function test to see if it was worth SBRing. No joke bro. Really not stirring the pot this time. ;)
Honestly, I don't blame you considering the two pistols you named. I do typically shoot mine prior to carry BUT I seldom clean them (the Glocks at least) unless they've been shot a lot.

i dont care what brand pistol it is, im taking it to the range for full function checks before i carry it. because i want to, and because i shoot left handed and have to order all my holsters so i have plenty of time before it becomes my carry gun to test it out lol.

Well, I recently traded for a Sig 229 in 9mm and have been carrying it for a couple weeks. Should be fine right? Go to the range last week and it's a total POS! Had probably 15+ fte in less than 100 rounds. Shipped it to Sig that day. Should have kept my Glock instead

Bypass, I thought you were joking. :D

Seriously, I'd shoot at least 100 rounds using your preferred carry ammo out of any new weapon or ones that have had parts replaced.. Years ago I had a couple of Gen 3 G27 I took to Glock and they replaced several internal parts. I assumed they were good to go and carried with one of them. A couple of months after that visit, I went to the range and found both were not properly going into battery on many rounds. Had the range officer come over and shoot them - same thing happened for him.

Went back to Glock and raised hell. They didn't know exactly what happened and ended up replacing both weapons. I headed to the range after leaving Glock and shot 100 rounds of HST from each to verify.

That incident scared the hell out of me, and realized I was stupid for assuming all was good. It would have been bad if I had needed to defend myself. Lesson learned for me - reputation doesn't matter. Any new gun or any parts replacement now immediately gets tested at the range with the ammo I will be carrying with at least 100 rounds or more (and use all the magazines that were replaced or serviced). Doesn't matter who makes them. I won't make that mistake ever again.

Bypass, I thought you were joking. :D

Seriously, I'd shoot at least 100 rounds using your preferred carry ammo out of any new weapon or ones that have had parts replaced.. Years ago I had a couple of Gen 3 G27 I took to Glock and they replaced several internal parts. I assumed they were good to go and carried with one of them. A couple of months after that visit, I went to the range and found both were not properly going into battery on many rounds. Had the range officer come over and shoot them - same thing happened for him.

Went back to Glock and raised hell. They didn't know exactly what happened and ended up replacing both weapons. I headed to the range after leaving Glock and shot 100 rounds of HST from each to verify.

That incident scared the hell out of me, and realized I was stupid for assuming all was good. It would have been bad if I had needed to defend myself. Lesson learned for me - reputation doesn't matter. Any new gun or any parts replacement now immediately gets tested at the range with the ammo I will be carrying with at least 100 rounds or more. I won't make that mistake ever again.
Good points BUT we all know Bypass Bypass only buys his guns new so he has no issues with other people's seconds. :)

i fire mine at least every other week. its always load 4 in the gun, 3 in the mag, one in the pipe. then 4 in the spare. i draw fire at 2 or 3 targets, reload and do it again. its good to practice and its also fun. sometimes just standing in front of the targets, sometimes off sides, sometimes from behind cover, sometimes from in my truck, just good to practice. i try and do around 3 or 4 reps. i do need to do a little more weak hand though...

Who has never fired their carry guns?
No one that has half a brain, bad time to find out its defective with a thug coming at you with a machete, or worse.

Ones a HK and the other a Glock so I am guessing I got a better than 50% chance they will work. Pew pew pew. Merica' ;)

Back
Top Bottom