• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one........

I have a brand new J frame that I carry sometimes and have never fired it. It is not the first gun I've carried without firing. Probably not the best idea, and I have no excuses whatsoever.

WIth those I'd worry less about the guns and more about the ammo. It would really suck to find that your carry ammo jams up in your carry gun the first time you actually need it.

I have one or two I ain't fired yet. Like the 709 Slim I just got last month. My wife nor me has fired her Kel Tec P32. I guess we're just assuming they will work when/if they need to. I know some of yall will say we're assuming WAY too much from those two brands.
I have a few friends back in middle GA with NIB RPB Macs in 9mm and the tiny one in 380 that have just been sitting in the safes for decades now. I understand that there's a certain investor mentality about it and a new never fired transferable MG is worth more money but damn! I mean you spend ALL that money,fill out ALL that paperwork and wait so long you forgot you bought it and THEN you finally pick it up just to take it home and NOT shoot it. I mean you're married to this thing and responsible for it from now on and you don't enjoy it for the bullet hose it is?! WTF!?

I haven't fired mine yet only because I haven't been able to make it to the range and I don't have anything else for backup. Which reminds me, I need to look for a pocket gun...

When I first started seriously reading about guns...I read every gun magazine I could find in the early 90's. They all preached over and over again, make sure your gun is reliable with your choice of ammo. They seemed to always suggest some guns might be finicky with some sorts of ammo. Since then I have purchased quality guns and all kinds of ammo and never have found any ammo gun combination that would not work, with one exception. My AR would not cycle this 5.56 Norinco laquered coated junk. Other than that- I think quality guns will cycle quality ammo 99% of the time.

I have never found any quality gun that would not cycle quality ammo right out of the box.

Of course I also don't own or shoot match grade precision guns like custom 1911's with tight tolerances.

Back
Top Bottom