• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An age old AK47 topic: Milled or Stamped ??

Gun Test magazine really thought they were GREAT! I think they got an A, no ****.
Like i say about everything. Bad news travels faster than good news. If cai put out a million wasrs and 1000 of them were **** then the folks with a ****ty one are online *****in and the other 999,000 owners are shootin the hell outta theirs

I love my WASR. It will feed anything you put in it. Century just rushed through them for a short time and messed quite a few up. Not all of them are crap. Sure there are better Ak-47s out there. Not for the money you can get a wasr for though. My wasr has my faith.

Plus after a little work you can make them look awesome. With bakelite mags it has ZERO mag wobble. Even with steel its very little. Sure, its not as awesome as a milled Ak. Then again if I drop my WASR in the mud im not going to be as upset as I would If I dropped the 1,000 dollar milled ak in the mud. Plus this one gets carried in my car and thrown around at the range a lot. I know my high tier aks will handle that... I just dont have the heart to treat them like that.

i41.tinypic.com_6o04d0.jpg

Last edited:
I love my WASR. It will feed anything you put in it. Century just rushed through them for a short time and messed quite a few up. Not all of them are crap. Sure there are better Ak-47s out there. Not for the money you can get a wasr for though. My wasr has my faith.Plus after a little work you can make them look awesome. With bakelite mags it has ZERO mag wobble. Even with steel its very little.
I've been very happy with the 10 or so WASRs I've had over the years. Never had q problem with any of them, and if the price is right I'd own another one.

I love my WASR. It will feed anything you put in it. Century just rushed through them for a short time and messed quite a few up. Not all of them are crap. Sure there are better Ak-47s out there. Not for the money you can get a wasr for though. My wasr has my faith.

Plus after a little work you can make them look awesome. With bakelite mags it has ZERO mag wobble. Even with steel its very little.

I want it. What you need in trade?

I am very glad that I found this thread!

A friend of mine recently traded into a milled Norinco AK. Neither he or the previous owner knew much about AKs, but the trade was good enough that it didn't matter. He showed the rifle to me, but I don't know anything about them either. So he contacts a guy over at another site (to remain nameless) to ask a few questions. The guy seemed to be helpful, but told my buddy that the Norincos were "the 38 specials of the AK world". They began to talk sell/trade and my buddy tells him that he plans to read a little about Norincos before he makes a move. Then the guy tells him that he will give him $350 for it if they can meet in the morning. When my friend didn't answer right away, he sent another email offering a Glock 23 trade. Of course my friend is reading about AKs this whole time and starting to realize that this Jerk is trying to pull a scam on him. The high pressure emails continued for a few hours until the guy finally gave up.

Anyway I have sent my friend a link to this and a few other AK threads here. This is very good info and much appreciated. Luckily I have never encountered such a jerk on ODT. This guy obviously had the knowledge and standing on his site - and decided to use it to try and take advantage of someone.

I am very glad that I found this thread!

A friend of mine recently traded into a milled Norinco AK. Neither he or the previous owner knew much about AKs, but the trade was good enough that it didn't matter. He showed the rifle to me, but I don't know anything about them either. So he contacts a guy over at another site (to remain nameless) to ask a few questions. The guy seemed to be helpful, but told my buddy that the Norincos were "the 38 specials of the AK world". They began to talk sell/trade and my buddy tells him that he plans to read a little about Norincos before he makes a move. Then the guy tells him that he will give him $350 for it if they can meet in the morning. When my friend didn't answer right away, he sent another email offering a Glock 23 trade. Of course my friend is reading about AKs this whole time and starting to realize that this Jerk is trying to pull a scam on him. The high pressure emails continued for a few hours until the guy finally gave up.

Anyway I have sent my friend a link to this and a few other AK threads here. This is very good info and much appreciated. Luckily I have never encountered such a jerk on ODT. This guy obviously had the knowledge and standing on his site - and decided to use it to try and take advantage of someone.
Lol i wouldnt trade mine for a G23 Plus 350 lol. Guy was definitely trying to take advantage of his ignorance of aks

Good video so far. Did anyone also notice that the rifle that Mikhail Kalishnikova was holding during his interview was milled? He must have been confused. :D

Yeah milled recievers are cool but for GOD sakes man spell his name right. You spell it like he is a tennis star Kornukova.:D

Back
Top Bottom