• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

and some say the feds don't check sites like these...

So this "crack ATF Sting" could only come up with a half a dozen dishonest sellers in all their investigation work... Doesn't appear to be an issue really, with the number of guns sold everyday. how about the number of times they got hung up on or were told it was a deal breaker. I mean seriously what a waste of tax payers money, since it's like only 6 dudes and there are millions of guns sold daily.

x2 and the ATF saying an ID check is reasonable is idiocracy. Seeing as how ID's can be forged in a home office, criminals don't follow the laws.

If the government doesn't want Lautenburger's and felons to have guns or buy them they should do a better job of policing the criminals who would violate.

The way they enticed made it sound like they were joking on most of those recordings.

And a "background" as per ATF standard can be delayed or denied for something so simple as you don't pay child support, you can be denied from a bench warrant for a traffic ticket you didn't know you had from or never got paid out of state or something anything with possible punishment over 1 year in jail, so the whole process is a steaming pile of government beaurocracy.

So if your city has some arcane code violation they wish to pressure you into and fight you criminally, the government can take your rights away. That is misuse of power and abuse. The issue is not a matter of policy or standards it's the way the standards are set.

Law is law, but the ATF is out of control. Selling guns to mexican drug cartels in action of political scheming and acting as if the populace is the problem.

Guns for Contra, Mena scandal, and the newest just a fraction of what has been brought to the public eye. If the government wants to set standards of control, their agencies should not be above the law the populace is required to follow. That sums up my issue with 2nd ammendment and even the video.

just watched that video and that is rediculous. Its unbelievable what some folks will do though, if someone even joked about it id have to tell them Im out whether they retracted the statement as a joke or not. just aint worth the risk. I aint never been that hard up to sell something, if I were Id go to the pawn shop.

x2 not contesting that, just an observance that would hurt a prosecution in many jurisdictions on appeal.

Last edited:
just watched that video and that is rediculous. Its unbelievable what some folks will do though, if someone even joked about it id have to tell them Im out whether they retracted the statement as a joke or not. just aint worth the risk. I aint never been that hard up to sell something, if I were Id go to the pawn shop.

I have a GWL and i'm a Ga resident, but I pass over all paranoid ads that require BOS and such proof of residency.

People are always complaining about stupid laws and here we go helping to create another one.

If you were selling a car would you check their DL?

Why would I check their DL for a car purchase? Is there now some law I do not know about requiring one who wishes to purchase an automobile has a DL from the same state as I?

And why would I be helping to create a new law by asking to see the DL of someone I was selling a handgun to when in fact there is already a FEDERAL law about me not selling to someone who does not reside in the same state?

Back
Top Bottom