• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

and some say the feds don't check sites like these...

I have a GWL and i'm a Ga resident, but I pass over all paranoid ads that require BOS and such proof of residency.

People are always complaining about stupid laws and here we go helping to create another one.

If you were selling a car would you check their DL?

Apples and oranges. There's no law controlling the interstate sale of vehicles between unlicensed citizens and proof of residency. However, there ARE laws regarding the transfer or sale of firearms across state lines. It's not a matter of creating new laws, it's a matter of complying with laws that are already in effect.

As I stated in my earlier post, I don't care about a buyer's name or address, but I need to see their photo on a state-issued ID to prove residency. I don't require a bill of sale or CWL, and will forget a buyer's first name within 30 minutes of the deal, but the ID requirement is non-negotiable. Don't like it? Don't buy from me. ;)

Last edited:
Plus it's a Bloomberg video...... National Enquirer material....wait, make that the Globe....Right beside the woman gives birth to alien article.

I'm sure these spot checks to happen but.....to record a conversation, even LEO has to have probable cause or let the other party know in advance the call is being recorded. I doubt the validity of this tape.

exactly!!!!!! Ga DL and CCP requires and I go with my gut as a tie breaker...I have walked from 3 gun sales because things didn't smell right

Only time a DL is needed in a car sale is from a licensed dealer. Individual to individual....no! As it should be!

I have a GWL and i'm a Ga resident, but I pass over all paranoid ads that require BOS and such proof of residency.

People are always complaining about stupid laws and here we go helping to create another one.

If you were selling a car would you check their DL?

If somebody called me asking about paperwork or a background check, I'd straight hang up on his ass.

Me too! What are these people thinking!

First off I wouldn't want to meet this person to make the swap because I would fear I would have to shoot him or get shot if something goes south.

funny i had a guy call me from out of state about glock i had listed on here a while back. he said he probably couldnt pass a background check....so i tell him well i couldnt sell it to him. he just hung up!!!!makes me wonder??

funny i had a guy call me from out of state about glock i had listed on here a while back. he said he probably couldnt pass a background check....so i tell him well i couldnt sell it to him. he just hung up!!!!makes me wonder??

yeahhhhhh... definite red flag on that one!

Apples and oranges. There's no law controlling the interstate sale of vehicles between unlicensed citizens and proof of residency. However, there ARE laws regarding the transfer or sale of firearms across state lines. It's not a matter of creating new laws, it's a matter of complying with laws that are already in effect.

As I stated in my earlier post, I don't care about a buyer's name or address, but I need to see their photo on a state-issued ID to prove residency. I don't require a bill of sale or CWL, and will forget a buyer's first name within 30 minutes of the deal, but the ID requirement is non-negotiable. Don't like it? Don't buy from me. ;)

I don't think that the law states that an individual seller must verify proof of residency of the buyer, but if you start doing it that way it will become law and you will be filling out paperwork between individuals just to sell a pocket knife."The Government that you support"

How does this work when the weapon is shipped to an individual? Of course paranoid people don't ship either. "The're afraid that a $28.00 check might not be good"

No CWL? What about all those felons that you've been selling to? You know that's illegal. "And to think he only lives a few houses down the street from you." "Book him Dan-no"

No BOS? What if it gets used in a crime and you are implicated (due to you being the original owner) and you claim that you were home alone on the night in question? "Book him Dan-no"

Which is the worse offence? Selling across state lines, or selling to a convicted felon.

I think instead of skipping over all the paranoid ads that I was interested in until it got to all the CWL, DL, BOS, ans BS. I'll send them a message and let them know that all the Dick Tracy and paranoia broke the deal.

I want buy from you, and would rather not deal with paranoid people.

I don't think that the law states that an individual seller must verify proof of residency of the buyer, but if you start doing it that way it will become law and you will be filling out paperwork between individuals just to sell a pocket knife."The Government that you support"

And you would be wrong.

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

How does this work when the weapon is shipped to an individual? Of course paranoid people don't ship either. "The're afraid that a $28.00 check might not be good"

You're shipping to an addressee at a RESIDENCE. See a pattern here?

No CWL? What about all those felons that you've been selling to? You know that's illegal. "And to think he only lives a few houses down the street from you." "Book him Dan-no"

The buyer is not required to have a GWL as long as they don't give the seller "reasonable cause" to believe they're prohibited from owning a firearm.

No BOS? What if it gets used in a crime and you are implicated (due to you being the original owner) and you claim that you were home alone on the night in question? "Book him Dan-no"

There's no law requiring a BOS for the transfer of firearms between unicensed individuals. Also, I think you've been watching too many crime dramas. Prosecutors have a hard enough time getting a conviction when they have physical evidence. The presence of a gun you once owned at the crime scene and your lack of an alibi during the time the crime was committed are simply not enough to get a conviction.

Which is the worse offence? Selling across state lines, or selling to a convicted felon.

GCA covers both.

I think instead of skipping over all the paranoid ads that I was interested in until it got to all the CWL, DL, BOS, ans BS. I'll send them a message and let them know that all the Dick Tracy and paranoia broke the deal.

I want buy from you, and would rather not deal with paranoid people.

Lol. There's a difference between being paranoid and knowing (and complying with) the law. Either way, I sleep well at night. ;)

Back
Top Bottom