• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Animal Shelters Full

I think a big part of why the shelters are so full is because of all their stupid rules and hoops you have to jump through just to get a pet. They treat you like you're applying for a job with the secret service, they want to know who your first grade teacher was and whether your 3rd cousin has any pets. If they would stop that mess they would get these dogs into a home with someone who would love them and take care of them.
They act like they would rather euthanize the dog than give someone who doesn't tell their life story & meet stupid requirements a chance to give the animal a good home.

I think a big part of why the shelters are so full is because of all their stupid rules and hoops you have to jump through just to get a pet. They treat you like you're applying for a job with the secret service, they want to know who your first grade teacher was and whether your 3rd cousin has any pets. If they would stop that mess they would get these dogs into a home with someone who would love them and take care of them.
They act like they would rather euthanize the dog than give someone who doesn't tell their life story & meet stupid requirements a chance to give the animal a good home.
We were on vacation once and had a house/pet sitter. She let one of the cats out (which was o,k.) and I think the cat reacted to the sitter, and got hit in the road about half a mile away, and killed. Cat had never wandered before.

We go to a local shelter to adopt another cat, and they wouldn't let us have one because we were "irresponsible owners" for letting our cat out.

We tell our vet, who is a big supporter of this agency in money and services - on his own writes them a letter telling the agency that we are the most responsible owners he has as clients, that if the agency is that rigid and stupid, he doesn't want to be associated with them, and he drops the agency.

The agency call us, and tells on second thought, they will let us have a cat - we tell them never mind, the vet found us one, and we are doing fine, thank you very much.

All my dogs have been giveaways or throwaways except Grace she was a trade. All have been loving and great companions. Before getting Grace I looked into adopting from shelters and spoke with friends that had. I understand the need to place an animal in a good home, but the hoops that have to be jumped through are a little over the top.

All my dogs have been giveaways or throwaways except Grace she was a trade. All have been loving and great companions. Before getting Grace I looked into adopting from shelters and spoke with friends that had. I understand the need to place an animal in a good home, but the hoops that have to be jumped through are a little over the top.
I look at Next Door some.

Now the do-gooders are telling people with cats and dogs to give away, not to do, to take them to a shelter because the shelter will screen people,. Reason - there are bad people who will take your dog/cat and use it to train fighting dogs.

I've lived in the South all my life, had known some people with fighting dogs, have known where some fighting dogs were kept, have known some people who went to jail for fighting dogs - but I have never ever heard of someone picking up a cat/dog to train fighting dogs. But the Nancys on Next Door (and FB and Instagram and whatever else there is) are sure it happens all the time

I'm not saying it never happens, but to categorically tell everyone to not give away a dog or cat for that reason is beyond absurd.

I look at Next Door some.

Now the do-gooders are telling people with cats and dogs to give away, not to do, to take them to a shelter because the shelter will screen people,. Reason - there are bad people who will take your dog/cat and use it to train fighting dogs.

I've lived in the South all my life, had known some people with fighting dogs, have known where some fighting dogs were kept, have known some people who went to jail for fighting dogs - but I have never ever heard of someone picking up a cat/dog to train fighting dogs. But the Nancys on Next Door (and FB and Instagram and whatever else there is) are sure it happens all the time

I'm not saying it never happens, but to categorically tell everyone to not give away a dog or cat for that reason is beyond absurd.
Yeah thats the argument you get from a lot of the self proclaimed "animal lovers" thats why everyone must be screened, that excuse is so dumb. First off, like you said, the chances of that happening are extremely low. Probably a better chance of being struck by lightning or attacked by a shark. Second, if someone has bad intentions why the hell would they tell the shelter theyre adopting from about their intentions? Not to mention all they have to do is lie on the application.
Its all silly antics to make these people feel good about themselves and their mission and at the end of the day the animals are the ones who suffer.

All of mine are rescues. I wish I could save them all but at this point in my life I don't need anything else that eats or poops.

^^^^^this^^^^^^^ is why I didn't adopt. Just plain stupid.

I have to agree with this. Our older cat, we got from a rescue. They wanted to see all the vet records from previous animals, that are deceased. They could not understand why the vet did not keep the records after the pet died. They also wanted to make UNANNOUNCED VISITS to the house, We told them no, but got the cat anyway.

I have to agree with this. Our older cat, we got from a rescue. They wanted to see all the vet records from previous animals, that are deceased. They could not understand why the vet did not keep the records after the pet died. They also wanted to make UNANNOUNCED VISITS to the house, We told them no, but got the cat anyway.

Now we know where Karens work when not running the HOA.

Back
Top Bottom