• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any advice helps. Will hire. Please give a read if you can.

Jblue

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
159   1
Reaction score
I’m sure money is tight for all of you. As of Friday I was notified that I have a very heavy water leak coming from somewhere on my property. I made sure that it was not in service line. And when I turn on the main water line to the house I can hear it running at full blast as if the pipes are not getting full. I have checked every appliance I have cut off every valve to every appliance sink faucet tub. I have walked around the house with a stethoscope listening for a leak behind the walls. I’ve even torn out some drywall. I cannot find this leak no matter what I do. And I am trying to figure out What I am doing wrong. I am concerned that it’s under the slab.I have a wet spot in the front yard and the backyard but they are in lower places and it’s been raining. Anybody with any advice or anyone willing to come out here and track down this bastard league I will gladly trade firearms or good old cash and I sincerely appreciate any advice that comes my way.

That doesn't sound good. GLWL.

iu

If your house is newish you might have a settlement induced leak right at the edge of your slab. That’s more likely than way up under the slab.

especially if your slab is built on a fill.

And if you’ve been driving over your water line on soft wet ground maybe that did it.

but my first guess would be a settlement induced leak, right at the edge of the slab.

Not my line B but hopefully you can get the issue resolved without too much damage. Sounds like it's time for a pro, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom