• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody dove hunting Saturday?

Well I'm ready.
IMG_1959.JPG

I had a dove hunt lined up but turns out the guy didn't plant anything and it's just a cow pasture. Not worth me spending 115 bucks apiece for me and my wife to go. I'm thinking WMA but have never been to one on opening day and not sure what to expect. Anyone done a WMA opening day hunt?

WMA hunts are crap.

Very crowded and full of people who don't pay a bit of attention to basic safety stuff.

It's been years since I was on a good dove shoot. I think it's about dried up over much of the state. I ain't paying $100 bucks to see 3 birds all day no more.

I have a good bit of land, don't let anyone shoot the dove there. I use to, about 10 years ago and would ask those that killed some, what are you going to do with them? Uh, nothing, just like shooting them....

Do you eat the armadillos you run over?
How bout the skunks?

(Personally, I like dove..... but not everyone does. It's dark meat, and very little on a bird.)

Down in southeast Ga the birds are hit and miss around my area, looks like I may not have a place to hunt. A farm I have permission to hunt just combined the corn but the birds aren't there.

This will be my first opener I've missed in 50 years had a pace maker installed Tuesday,doc said not no but hell no for at least two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom