• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else had this happen?

302grabber

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
12   0
Reaction score
I tried to purchase a gun this past Thursday at Walmart (I know... but it was a clearance model, great deal!) and according to the cashier/dept. manager I must have answered a question wrong on the 4473 form because she said I was denied or blocked and could not proceed. My Gwcl was presented so I am fairly certain it wasn't a background check issue. I didn't think too much of it and tried to purchase a different clearance gun at a different Walmart yesterday and after the form was submitted the salesperson said I was on a block list and couldn't proceed. Has anyone else experienced this and if so where do I start to resolve the issue?

Do it enough times they will come get ya.. lol
Nope,, never had this happen..
I have seen it happen,, purchase a gun at our little gun shop here in the keys,, everything good,, next three people were blocked, they think the system went down,, usually wait 8hrs and it will work,, call them and see

Odd, while I have never actually bought a gun at Walmart, I know than when I've bought one at a local gun shop or pawn shop, even though I fill out the 4473, they don't actually run it since I have my GWCL at the time. I've never had a gun shop call it in when I give them that. Now back before I had a GWCL they had to call it in...

Odd, while I have never actually bought a gun at Walmart, I know than when I've bought one at a local gun shop or pawn shop, even though I fill out the 4473, they don't actually run it since I have my GWCL at the time. I've never had a gun shop call it in when I give them that. Now back before I had a GWCL they had to call it in...
they just hold the 4473 form until they go ou of business for the atf agents to come by and check every now and again

technically i dont think a 4473 form is even a receipt of a transaction, merely a vetting to see if you are able to purchase a gun to which the carry permit makes useless......so why even fill a 4473 out unless it is to act as a receipt? i know gun laws are completely stupid and counter intuitive but the 4473 form is a huge grey area i think lol

they just hold the 4473 form until they go ou of business for the atf agents to come by and check every now and again

technically i dont think a 4473 form is even a receipt of a transaction, merely a vetting to see if you are able to purchase a gun to which the carry permit makes useless......so why even fill a 4473 out unless it is to act as a receipt? i know gun laws are completely stupid and counter intuitive but the 4473 form is a huge grey area i think lol
Agreed. That's why I don't get Walmarts policy. If he had his GWCL, they shouldn't have even called it in, it's more of a paperwork and file kind of thing. I think Academy does the same thing.

atf calling.jpg
... just sayin...:)

Agreed. That's why I don't get Walmarts policy. If he had his GWCL, they shouldn't have even called it in, it's more of a paperwork and file kind of thing. I think Academy does the same thing.
im thinking one of the highly trained and well paid employees probably fudged a digit, that caused a kickback, and walmart said "meh, **** him, he is just another customer in a sea of millions; deny him all future gun sales sow e can cover our ass just in case" then threw him on a list as he could be a potential risky purchaser

im only guessing but given the corporate beaurocratic bs that is walmart i see it as being a highly probable scenario

Back
Top Bottom