• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know a driver for Hire????? Cross Country

Call Old Dominion,ABF, or others and have a moving container dropped off. Load it and sale,sell,sail, the trailer. Right now you are pissing in to the wind. The amount you are offering would not get many bids.
The amount he’s offering would pay for the driver alone, much less a truck and fuel.
I expect to make between $1250-$1400 for average weeks as a driver and I don’t pay anything out of pocket.

if you dont need the trailer out there you could also look at moving pods. had a buddy move from new mexico back here and used the pods service and he said it was very reasonable. all depends on how much your moving

I have an account on uship and done several shipments. Everyone wants their stuff hauled for next to nothing.

This load would require me to travel 5483 miles. That's 80 hours actual moving time. That's 6 1/2 days, 12 hours a day actual driving, not including stopping for fuel, food and to sleep. That's approx 400 gallons of fuel, at an avg of $2.75 a gallon (and since I just finished a 6000 mile trip to Montana and back 2 weeks ago, I can tell you, $2.75 is on the low side) . So, $1100 just in fuel. Add to that food, motel and any other problems.

I don't think it can be done for anywhere close to $1500.

I suggest you rent a truck from Enterprise or uhaul and pull it yourself.

How big is the trailer?
there and back you are talking about 1
I need a 6x12 double axle enclosed. cargo trailer loaded with stuff, and a few totes brought from Albany GA, to Redding , CA 2700 miles. This will also include me as a passenger and to help with driving. I was wondering if anyone is for hire or if they know of anyone who can help out. Willing to pay $1500 and you pay for gas.
You are talking about over $1400 in fuel, not going to find any buyers on this, unless they are just going one way. Hell three day drive there and then come back duuuuuuuu

Back
Top Bottom