• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know a driver for Hire????? Cross Country

I have an account on uship and done several shipments. Everyone wants their stuff hauled for next to nothing.

This load would require me to travel 5483 miles. That's 80 hours actual moving time. That's 6 1/2 days, 12 hours a day actual driving, not including stopping for fuel, food and to sleep. That's approx 400 gallons of fuel, at an avg of $2.75 a gallon (and since I just finished a 6000 mile trip to Montana and back 2 weeks ago, I can tell you, $2.75 is on the low side) . So, $1100 just in fuel. Add to that food, motel and any other problems.

I don't think it can be done for anywhere close to $1500.

I suggest you rent a truck from Enterprise or uhaul and pull it yourself.

What's your user name on Uship?

there and back you are talking about 1

You are talking about over $1400 in fuel, not going to find any buyers on this, unless they are just going one way. Hell three day drive there and then come back duuuuuuuu
Clearly it depends on the truck you are driving . Actually did find drivers but were not available this week. The price was not horrible, also not prime. Ended up driving it myself with a friend and got it done in 5 days. $1100 And i wasn't offering a vacation , just asking on here to see if anyone was interested. Thanks for your feedback anyways

What is the $1100, is that just fuel or all in costs including accommodations and food?
That was all the cost in total. I had a co driver and we took shifts, and brought an ice chest with all the stuff for making sandwiches so we did not spend much on food.

Back
Top Bottom